Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainsaw Sharpener

Options
  • 09-08-2010 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get my hands on a chainsaw sharpener.
    Cant seem to find them anywhere. It is for my father in law who lives in Drogheda. So if you know any places that sell them there that would be great.

Thanks,

Ian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Hi Ian,

I bought one recently from ebay after months of searching around here. its a great job and very easy to use - after you figure out the chain directions and degrees for the first time (ideally you will get the degrees from the box that the chain came in).

Here's one similar to what I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Silverline-220W-Chain-Saw-Blade-Sharpener-/360287588131?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item53e2d04f23

Its from S Jebb in cork and they are a pleasure to deal with. You can call them up and do the deal over the phone either. Details are on the ebay site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ian10

Hi reilig,

Thanks for the reply. Ideally im looking for a shop that he can walk into to buy the product. Old school man credit cards are a no no.

Any hep would be great,

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ennisweed

u can go into most hardwares and buy them its just a file like!!! and drill a hole in a piece of timber and put it in that and theres ur handle.... the shop down the road from me sells them there only like 3.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ian10

He is looking for the electric one think they sell them for around €60

Here is an example

http://www.sellsellsell.ie/advert_details.php?id=10513

Advertisement