Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom paint

Options
  • 09-08-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Looking for recommendations for bathroom paint. There's currently lining paper up, apart from around the bath, which is in a poor state. Want to take it down and paint the walls.

Also, I painted the garden wall last year but the paintwork is now flaking and falling off. I went at the original paint with a wire brush prior to painting but it's only a year later and the paint is in a shocking state. Should I just use a heat gun to remove all of the paint and start from scratch?

K.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Looking for recommendations for bathroom paint. There's currently lining paper up, apart from around the bath, which is in a poor state. Want to take it down and paint the walls.

There is loads of actual paints specially formulated for bathrooms. Dulex is one i used and found it quite good. What makes them unique is they contain a fungacide. So dont go eating the paint....

Also, I painted the garden wall last year but the paintwork is now flaking and falling off. I went at the original paint with a wire brush prior to painting but it's only a year later and the paint is in a shocking state. Should I just use a heat gun to remove all of the paint and start from scratch?

I dont know without looking. It was either the wrong paint or was not prepared propperly. Buy a good masonary paint. My fav is santex but mainly because its irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Zinnser do an acrylic paint for bathrooms, which MRCB sell. They say it is the best thing.

If there is lining paper, I'd say the walls behind will be in a pretty poor state and will require a good bit of work.

Advertisement