Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first fall

• 09-08-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Friday evening just heading out for a 30 miler on the bike and didn't manage to get out of my estate!! Front wheel slid out on the first corner and down I went on to the tarmac! Like a true pro I took it on the chin!!!! The chin is now stitched and I am thanking my lucky stars nothing was broken or teeth chipped!

Anyone else got a first fall story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Was going thru Delgany one early morning around the nasty reverse camber corner & I slide all the way across the Y junction on the other side of the corner.

An English Reg car was going the opposite direction & he stopped, luckily, as I slid across in front of him & his wife & kids.

When I eventually stopped, he leaned out the window & asked if was okay; in between profanities I said thanks, I was fine.

I tore the arse out of my shorts, & got a nasty road-rash which was a good learning for future skates. I'm a lot more careful going fast around blind corners now, because you never know when it'll matter !

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

Just after leaving work one day about 100 metres from the job, in the IFSC, coming over the luas tracks, one very wet day a few months back. . Tried to turn slightly going across the tracks, wasn't going very fast and the bike went out from under me, elbow and knee took the brunt of it. I was more mortified and feeling stupid than in pain at the time, just hopped back on the bike and pedalled away as quickly as I could but I was swollen and sore for a week after it! Damned luas tracks. I've never felt right going over them since!

Advertisement