Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rim recommendation

• 09-08-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

I am building a new rear wheel to complement/replace my existing Chorus/Open Pro rear wheel.

I have a Record 32 hold rear hub on the way and would appreciate opinions/recommendations on what rim I should pair this with.

CRC have both the Open Pro (in silver) for €38 and a DT Swiss RR 415 (Black) at €43 in stock.

Any other rims I should be looking at?

I tend not to damage bike gear (light on my bike though heavy in life :) ) and have never had any wheel problems with any of my Open Pro based wheel sets.

Many thanks in advance,
    Peter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Get the DT in white, with white aerolite spokes and white 240 hubs, in 28H.

Now back to reality, I would recommend the open pro on price reasons. Mavic cxp33 is another to consider, as are Ambrosio. Some of the DT rims are decent, but overpriced compared with Mavic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I would suggest getting whatever suits your front wheel best. So if you have a sliver Mavic front, get the Open Pro, if you have a black DT front, get that. Is this not obvious? I have used both Open Pros and DT RR1.1 albeit on very different wheels, both decent. I have had an Open Pro fail but that is probably because it is not designed for off-road loaded touring on 700x25c tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

I'm a 'Euro-Luddite' Blorg :eek:

More into function than the coordinated look.... :)

(At present my road Open Pro rims are....BLUE...on a silver frame with one yellow and one black tyre....silver Chorus Hubs....so my new Hub is already the wrong colour....)

Advertisement