Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my alarm to call me and nor Eircom Phonewatch?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

New to Boards.ie - not sure it in right section!

I have an Eircom Phonewatch system and like many others am sick of paying the middle man for 'nothing'.
    I have read on older posts that it is possible to stop paying Eircom for the phone watch service, keep the alarm system and then get the control system to call my mobile directly.

Can anyone help me with how to do that?
    I have a GE Simon Security System installed in Sept 2005

I am not the most electonically minded to go easy!
    I also do not want to spend money on getting someone to do it - so hopefully I can do it DIY!

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

wexred wrote: »
    New to Boards.ie - not sure it in right section!

I have an Eircom Phonewatch system and like many others am sick of paying the middle man for 'nothing'.
    I have read on older posts that it is possible to stop paying Eircom for the phone watch service, keep the alarm system and then get the control system to call my mobile directly.

Can anyone help me with how to do that?
    I have a GE Simon Security System installed in Sept 2005

I am not the most electonically minded to go easy!
    I also do not want to spend money on getting someone to do it - so hopefully I can do it DIY!

:confused:

Very easy to do once you have the engineer code. If you do i am more than happy to talk you through setting it up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

Eircom Phonewatch installed an alarm for me about a year and a half ago. Is it possible to do the same for this type of alarm? Also not very electronically minded but would be interested to know if this could be done!:)

Pudding11 wrote: »
    Eircom Phonewatch installed an alarm for me about a year and a half ago. Is it possible to do the same for this type of alarm? Also not very electronically minded but would be interested to know if this could be done!:)

Do you know what system you have installed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 wexred

Thanks altor - I will take you up on that offer when I get my hands on the engineering code.

I spoke to the engineer who installed it and he told me that I am paying for 2 services a year in the monthly fee. So he advised to get Eircom out to carry out a full service, ask the engineer on site for the code before he leaves (said to check it works before he goes) and then ring up Eirocm and cancel the service subscription.

So will order a service and get back to you.

Thanks

Your welcome wexred,

Yes, you are paying for it but if you read the small print it is up to you to arrange the service. Thats how they work it.

When you get the code i will talk you through changing the settings you need too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

Hi Altor, off the top of my head I have no idea to be honest but I will have a look this evening! :)

Pudding11 wrote: »
    Hi Altor, off the top of my head I have no idea to be honest but I will have a look this evening! :)

Do as there systems can be reconfigured to dial your mobile if it is wire free. The wired can be configured to text your mobile if your service provider is Eircom or Vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Remember, insurance companys will only give discounts usually to regularly serviced alarms, you must get a registered PSA installer to service it inorder to get a discount. Also, if you have monitoring in your policy, you insurance will be void if it is not monitored.:)

Tim M-U wrote: »
    Remember, insurance companys will only give discounts usually to regularly serviced alarms, you must get a registered PSA installer to service it inorder to get a discount. Also, if you have monitoring in your policy, you insurance will be void if it is not monitored.:)

Thats correct Tim. If you just tell your insurance company you have a working alarm you will still get a discount, not as much as you would if it was monitored. All insurance companys are different so always best to check plus get it in writing off them.

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome wexred,

Yes, you are paying for it but if you read the small print it is up to you to arrange the service. Thats how they work it.

When you get the code i will talk you through changing the settings you need too.

Hi Altor,

Wondering if I can take you up on your kind offer to help me transfer the monitoring of our Eircom alarm to ring our mobiles directly and cut out the monthly bills to eircom monitoring.

Finally managed to get the engineering code - where to now!

As I said before I am not the most technically minded when it comes to electronics.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,

Wondering if I can take you up on your kind offer to help me transfer the monitoring of our Eircom alarm to ring our mobiles directly and cut out the monthly bills to eircom monitoring.

Finally managed to get the engineering code - where to now!

As I said before I am not the most technically minded when it comes to electronics.

Thanks

More than happy too. I will P.M. you my number, very easy to do once you have the engineer code.

altor wrote: »
    More than happy too. I will P.M. you my number, very easy to do once you have the engineer code.

Thanks Altor, pm your number when it suits you.

Thanks Altor, pm your number when it suits you.

P.M. sent :D

Thank you Altor. Your help was great and much appreciated.

Your welcome, always happy to help :D

Advertisement