Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North County Dublin Astronomy Group - Take 2!

Options
  • 09-08-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,101 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Last year I organised a few observing evenings out in Skerries. I'd hoped to keep them going but things got a bit hectic for me later last year and earlier this year so I had a lot less time on my hands.

Now I'd like to have another go at getting some regular observing sessions going. I'm wondering if there is still interest from all of you who attended last year?

I would propose a provisional date of September 17 for a meet up at Red Island in Skerries. It's out of the way of street lights and is beside the sea so there's very little in the way of obstruction.

If you are interested in attending, please reply to this thread or mail me at nmcarroll@gmail.com. I also set up a facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132352033317&v=app_2373072738&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=132352033317&v=wall&ref=ts

It would be nice to get these sessions going again as the evenings we did have were very enjoyable!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Don't forget to post about this here:

www.irishastronomy.org

;)

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Hi,

I didn't attend any of your previous sessions, but i would be very interested this time around.

I'm very much a noob, but would really like to get some tips and advice from some experienced folks like yourself.

Im based in Portmarnock, so getting to Skerries wouldn't be too much hassle either.

So you can pencil me in for the 17th.

Stu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Sorry to drag up an old thread..i was just wondering did anything come of this.

Its something i'd be very interested in, if there is any more meet-up's planned.

Stu.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I was only thinking about this thread last weekend. Friday night I was in my back garden just outside Skerries & the sky was utterly amazing. No moon, no clouds - the view of the Milky Way was splendid. :)

If squonk & the lads start up again I'll do my damndest to make it down to a viewing.

Advertisement