Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressing?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, Im only going into 6th year but im trying to think ahead. Im thinking of doing hairdressing after school so ive been looking around for information on different ways to get into it but im still quite confused about it!

I think id rather do it the fastest way possible but obviously it would depend on price!

Has anyone any advice or information for me ?:)

Id really appreciate it!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Try fas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Best thing you can do is get a Saturday job in a salon now.

Any of the private courses/fas send you out under qualified.

Ive friends who trained in David Marshall and didn't think they got the same training as someone who did in the salon.

Where abouts in the country are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BLOPzzz

Im in dublin! so plenty salons around i might try get something like that! i already work though so it might be a bit awkward! :/

i thought the private courses would have made your more qualified! but i suppose its less experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lexi_M

Im starting Hairdressing (hopefully) in GTI, Galway this september! Its a 2 year course and sounds great! I looked into the private courses but the are very intense and extreamly expensive! At least with the course im going to do i can still get the grant to help me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭FewToLose

Don't do it, please don't!! I did it for 2 years and it nearly killed me, it's the most monotonous and unfairly paid job there is and you will hate; I gave it up and went to do a degree instead, your better off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Hi there, I'm heading into Year 2 of the Hairdressing course in Crumlin College and I love it. In first year you cover the basics, cutting, perming, rollering, customer care, reception, etc and you do 2 weeks work experience in a salon. In Year 2, you cover colour and more in depth cutting. You also spend Thurs and Fri workin in a salon.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ssss8111

guys, i do hope that when you decide to get into hairdressing you think about it well...im in my last year of hairdressing, suffered from stress, from exhaustion, i had a break down recently as well...dont do it, unless the place is run properly!!!you have no idea what bad management can do to you:(...my advice-start working part time in a hairdresser for a while, dont sign a contract until you are sure its a good environment to be in , belive me, you dont want to be asked more then 3 times a day to clean the toilet, im not joking!!!we put 50 hrs a week into work and a bit of training, but most of the work goes into cleaning:(, we are used as cheap labor, be careful what youre wishing for!!!you are disrespected by seniors, cleaning after them and everyone als, dont know why they call it aprentaship hairdressing really, its a cleaning job:eek: glad im at the end of it, ill only want to work for myself after that:cool:

Advertisement