Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding girl from the Horse Show

Options
  • 09-08-2010 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

This is my first post on boards so please excuse me if i don't come across as i intend to.

Ok so my dilemma. I was working at the horse show on one of the trade stands and managed to get talking to one of the girls from a stand down a little from ours. I meet her on the Thursday where i got to talk to her for a few minutes and then saw her a few times throughout the weekend where she was really smiley and nice. She told me her first name and me having a sieve head (and being dazzled by her gorgeousness :D) i completely forget it!

So my plan was to go down to her stand on sunday before the show ended and ask for her number, only problem was every time i went down there was crowds of people and my nerves got shot. Asking a girl for her number infront of a dozen people isn't too easy. So i decided to write my number on a piece of paper and drop it off with her when the hall got quiet, usually when theres a big horse event. But i went down at about 5pm and the whole stand was gone, guess they left early. Gutted.

I emailed the rds looking for contact info on that stand pretending i wanted to buy more make up :p but after i hit send the page went blank so i'm not sure if it sent. Tried again and the same thing happened.

The info i know for sure;

The trade stand was calld "KCO Beauty" but google searches come up with nothing. Theres a make up company called "K Co UK" which i saw on one of the girls aprons so maybe they were trading under the brand of make up they were selling?

They work in Liffey Valley. Again, no shops with KCO, closest is KFC :pac:

Shes tall, blonde, thin, pale, early 20's, gorgeous and really friendly :D

I hope this doesn't come across as stalkerish (which is now a word :rolleyes:) but i'm just gutted i didn't get a chance to trade numbers. Anyone have some suggestions on how i could go about finding her? Liffey Valley could be the main lead but i'm not sure if they still work there. Du du du du du, detective Motan!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

thats my wife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Motan

thats my wife

"Apparently Not Marriage Material" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Best of luck man. Hopefully she or one of her mates will stumble across this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

you met her at a horse show.....

did she jump many fences?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's a company called KCO ltd, but no KCO Beauty Limited :

http://www.cro.ie/search/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=311060&type=C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Motan

Thanks for that Paint Doc but i found that already, its a website design company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Motan wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't come across as stalkerish

Too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Theres one of two things..

1. She works in Liffey Vally that have a KCO makeup counter in a shop (try boots or something)

2. She was hired as promotional staff for that weekend, and actually works in Liffey Valley in a different shop. Seeing as she was selling makeup try those places first.

If your getting no suss off the RDS, KCO did have a stand at the Exposé live show it would appear from google, maybe you could try that avenue
    www.liffeyvalley.ie

Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

cronin_j wrote: »
    Theres one of two things..

1. She works in Liffey Vally that have a KCO makeup counter in a shop (try boots or something)

2. She was hired as promotional staff for that weekend, and actually works in Liffey Valley in a different shop. Seeing as she was selling makeup try those places first.

If your getting no suss off the RDS, KCO did have a stand at the Exposé live show it would appear from google, maybe you could try that avenue
    www.liffeyvalley.ie

Good luck!!

Come on! Am I the only one who thinks this is a tad creepy at this stage? I mean I understand looking someone up but when you've to go to such lengths, maybe it's just not meant to be.

OP if you open up more in public (and I'm not saying you don't) you'll invite more of these situations and you'll meet more people. Just remember next time how/why you 'lost out' this time and don't let it happen again. :) Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

This thread is now result number 4 on Google for 'kco makeup company'.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ring/email one of the Dublin radio stations, tell them your story and they'll run with it after that. I think Ray D'arcy found two who had a fun time on a stag a few years back from memory.

If that doesn't find her, nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Have you a big speech prepared for when you finally meet her?! Don't want to get shot wth nerves if you end up talking to her live on radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭kippy

chinguetti wrote: »
    Ring/email one of the Dublin radio stations, tell them your story and they'll run with it after that. I think Ray D'arcy found two who had a fun time on a stag a few years back from memory.

All well and good but you've got to be careful here.

1. The girl may just have been "friendly". Is friendly without any strings attached not allowed anymore?
    2. The OP has no idea whether the girl was attached or not.

Going to radio with this MAY not be the best idea.
    She may have a different "stand guy" at every event she does etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

chinguetti wrote: »

yes Ray Darcy will be dripping like a f**ked fridge when he hears this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

yes Ray Darcy will be dripping like a f**ked fridge when he hears this one!

What a simile. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

If you wear heavy socks over your caterpillar boots it will muffle the sound, that way she won't hear you creeping around her back yard when you're rooting through her bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

fontanalis wrote: »
    you're rooting through her bin.

Is that what the youngsters are calling it nowdays..

TheBlock wrote: »
    Is that what the youngsters are calling it nowdays..

Don't stalkers root through people bins trying to find out something about them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

fontanalis wrote: »
    Don't stalkers root through people bins trying to find out something about them?

I usually just nick a pair of knickers from the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Is it not better to get them before they have been washed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

I don't really think it is being stalkerish, my cousin met a girl in town one night, took her number then lost it. He did remember her name, which was quite a common one, and rang every name in the phone book. That's determination which, I suspect the OP has. He did eventually find her after about 50 phone calls. And he ended up marrying her and now they have 3 kids ! So keep looking OP

I don't really think it is being stalkerish, my cousin met a girl in town one night, took her number then lost it. He did remember her name, which was quite a common one, and rang every name in the phone book. That's determination which, I suspect the OP has. He did eventually find her after about 50 phone calls. And he ended up marrying her and now they have 3 kids ! So keep looking OP

You're right; it's not stalking it's selective walking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Boards.ie, now ye're stalkin'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement