Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you ESB regulator

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ejmaztec wrote: »
    But, according to this bit of the same article, they're doing us a huge favour, by protecting us.:eek:

The only protection that we need, is from the Regulator forcing us to bump up the ESB's profits by stitching us up with extra charges, so that the government can flog it off to some foreign investors further down the line. When it is sold off, we certainly won't see the benefits, because we'll be robbed by the new owner instead.

Exactly.
    I'm late to the party here, but this vexxed me when it was announced the other week.

The way I see it, the regulator and the green party, want consumers (already facing hikes through carbon tax) to now FUND the capital investment into alternative energy infrastructure/supply:

They are forcing consumers to bankroll the setting up of wind/tidal turbines, biomass etc that they can then use to produce virtually free electricty TO SELL BACK TO US at one of the highest costs in the EU.

Now I'm sorry, but that is complete horsesh*t...encouraging companies to adopt these alternative production methods (which we do need, far too much reliance on oil) should be done at investment bond level and through tax breaks...not by making Joe Soap foot the bill.
    Regulator my arse...ESB shill more like....and the politicians saying it's only 5% or only a couple of euro can f*ck right off as well...there's not one of them would know anything about how hard it is to meet household bills when there's damn all money coming in as it is....yeah yeah apply for emergency payment from the CWO...some of us can't even get the f*cking dole you dimwits! What about businesses already crippled with high rates and all the other stealth tax BS?

BTW the ESB is a stalwart investor in many other EU electricity markets, mainly in infrastructure....they used the profits they made here to fund their investment overseas, providing infrastructure for other nations, but expect the people of their country of origin to invest in their own alternative infrastructue....jesus you couldn't make this sh*t up.

http://www.esbi.ie/our-businesses/investments/investments.asp
    blurb wrote:
    ESBI's primary investment focus is on the deregulated, competitive British energy market...etc
    lol a competitive deregulated energy market...why do we need a regulator then? Either have one semi state or throw open the doors...enough with this handicap system to encourage competitors.

These people think the Irish are fools....and we are if we take this nonsense lying down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

It's frustrating to know that no matter how much we complain about this, in all probability, nothing will stop it. It all boils down to greed within the Government and the semi-state bodies. The PSO (Public Service Obligation) has d/\mn all to do with the interests of the public.:(

Advertisement