Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little rusty

Options
  • 09-08-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hey guys.im out of college a couple of years now and im a bit rusty at java..
    I remember myself and my college friends designed a project which had a website front end with a java programming and a database that updated quantity from input off the website.
    I use Eclipse for the java, but what other programs can i use for the database?
    i know ill need to do the database connection in Java...
    are there any free ones out there?
    And also whats the best program for the front end web design?
    I hope this makes sense! im really rusty!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

BornIn84 wrote: »
    I use Eclipse for the java, but what other programs can i use for the database? i know ill need to do the database connection in Java...
    are there any free ones out there?

Assuming you mean what database system to use, MySQL is a popular one for projects like this. http://www.mysql.com/downloads/
    PostgreSQL is another similar FOSS option, alternatively Oracle and MS do free versions of their DB systems if you want to mess with those.
    BornIn84 wrote: »
    And also whats the best program for the front end web design?

Most folks I know who do web design just use text editors - the built-in one in Windows could suffice, though you might want to use something with a better feature set like Notepad++.
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

You could probably do it directly in Eclipse too - I've never used it, but I assume it supports HTML syntax highlighting and what not, with those myriad plugins.

Advertisement