Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightbox 2 link

Options
  • 09-08-2010 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am setting up a gallery using Lightbox 2 and want to have a link at the bottom of each picture. This can be done handy enough but also I want the link to open up in a seperate tab. I'm trying to figure out how I can use the "_blank" tag using the example below.

Can't figure out how this is done.
    Can I insert links in the caption?
    Yes, but you need to convert quotes and greater and less than symbols into their html entity equivalents. For example:
    <a href="images/image-4.jpg" rel="lightbox" title="<a href="link.html">my link</a>">Image</a>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

<a href="images/image-4.jpg" rel="lightbox" [b]target="_blank"[/b].......

Not really a good idea, though, as all of the navigation elements of the original site will be missing. That's the main reason for using something like lightbox in the first place - to avoid opening a new window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Hi Liam,

Thanks but that doesn't work. When the image "comes out" I have a link at the bottom of the image and when clicked brings the user to a specified site but I just can't figure out how to get it to open the site in a new tab.

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Hi Liam,

Thanks but that doesn't work. When the image "comes out" I have a link at the bottom of the image and when clicked brings the user to a specified site but I just can't figure out how to get it to open the site in a new tab.

Where does the text for that link come from ?

Where does the text for that link come from ?

Hi Liam,

It's from the lightbox 2 website in the Support section.

Link

They are saying I need to encode the html here

<a href="images/image-4.jpg" rel="lightbox" title="&lt;a href=&quot;link.html&quot;
    [b] target=&quot;_blank&quot;[/b]
    &gt;my link&lt;/a&gt;">Image</a>

• Advertisement

Thanks a million! :)

Advertisement