Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to take dogs in Cork

Options
  • 09-08-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions... other than Fitzgerald's Park or Currabinny Woods to take dogs in Cork?

Any activities? Parks? Etc?

Thanks,
    Ed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Walk from Crosshaven to Carrigaline

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The walk from Rochestown to Passage.
    The walk from the Marina to mahon via the old railway line running through blackrock.
    Backstrand in fountainstown...

to name but a few

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Any of the million beaches. Killeagh woods. The Lee fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Farran Woods, you have to keep dogs on a lead, but if you get down to the water's edge by the Inniscarra Dam, you can let the dogs go wild in the water chasing after sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

garryvoe beach would be good, just dont go near it when its sunny at the weekend!!, its grand on a quiet weekend when the tide is out, loads of room for dogs,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

bladebrew wrote: »
    garryvoe beach would be good, just dont go near it when its sunny at the weekend!!, its grand on a quiet weekend when the tide is out, loads of room for dogs,

Contact dogsindistress.org

Got a rescued dog from them & was contacted to say they had meetings from other dog owners , walks interation etc in Cork area shortly after getting the dog 3 years ago.

Never went, mine are in the country & have over 100 acres to roam when we are out .They come home exhausted & so do I but it would suit if I was in a housing estate ( I was before )

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Snoogans

It's not the best walk by any means, but if you're up late at night, taking the dog for a walk up around the lough is actually surprisingly zen. You run into some interesting characters down by there too, and not the scary kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

bertie1 wrote: »
    Contact dogsindistress.org

Got a rescued dog from them & was contacted to say they had meetings from other dog owners , walks interation etc in Cork area shortly after getting the dog 3 years ago.

Never went, mine are in the country & have over 100 acres to roam when we are out .They come home exhausted & so do I but it would suit if I was in a housing estate ( I was before )

i dont have a dog, my parents do, its just from seeing garryvoe beach when the tide is out it looks ideal for walking dogs,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A bit out, but Dripsey Lake in Inniscarra has a great "walkway" path kinda thing. Also, Douglas Park and Ballincollig Regional Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

Ballincollig Regional Park is great. You walk along beside the riverbank towards the Anglers Rest. Dogs can have a dip near the weir. Not sure if you can walk all the way back to the Anglers. Someone else might be able to confirm this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Another one that is a little far out but so worth it is the Gearagh out just before you come to Macroom, fantasic spot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Farran Woods, you have to keep dogs on a lead...

as is the law. I'm sure all dog owners here are the law abiding type :) Just remember walkways are used by people with young children & toddlers too so please clean up after your dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I think Cubins nightclub in the city seems popular - plenty of dogs in there!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

murphym7 wrote: »
    I think Cubins nightclub in the city seems popular - plenty of dogs in there!:D

And mongrels :p

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

as is the law. I'm sure all dog owners here are the law abiding type :) Just remember walkways are used by people with young children & toddlers too so please clean up after your dog.

Hmm, I have twice seen people cleaning up after their dog (am living in Cork for the last eight years), and in both cases the dog owners were foreign nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

nolo1 wrote: »
    Ballincollig Regional Park is great. You walk along beside the riverbank towards the Anglers Rest. Dogs can have a dip near the weir. Not sure if you can walk all the way back to the Anglers. Someone else might be able to confirm this.

You can't really walk all the ways down to the anglers directly, you'd have to hop a few fences and stuff, you can go all the ways down to the gun powder mills though, it's a good walk.

Advertisement