Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does selecting "remember me" do?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I'm on a shared computer and don't want to leave my login details behind me on this site but unless I choose "remember me" I keep getting logged out which is awful frustrating if I'm in the middle of posting something.... like this thread.

So what does selecting "remember me" do and what details do I leave on the computer/browser and is it possible to undo them so someone else doesn't end up trying to login as Butch Cassidy? It's Firefox I'm using.

Cheers.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Selecting "remember me" avoids being logged out automatically - but it means you'll have to remember to log out manually when you're done.

Logging out manually clears the cookie that stores your login credentials, so once you've logged out, it shouldn't be possible for anyone else to log in as you.

Advertisement