Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement P45 ?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I appear to have lost/mislaid my P45 from my previous employer (left in March this year). I started a new position in late April & went straight onto emergency tax. I'm now at the maximum rate of ET & need to get it sorted ASAP.

Problem is, while I remember receiving my P45, I think it was either shredded by mistake (it was one of the newer computerised ones) or else it's mislaid in the house (I've looked).

Any ideas wheat I can do ? Can I get a replacement issued by the tax office ? I'd rather not go through my old employer if possible as they weren't too happy I was leaving & some words were exchanged :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭buttonsflyie

Hi IMax

Don't panic, you can ring Revenue on their Paye helpline, 1890 333425.

You will need your PPS number, your current employers number, you should find this on your payslip and your start date.

They will issue your tax credits to your employer and you should be sorted in a week or two.

Enjoy the tax refund!!!!

Buttons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks/ Got it sorted on your advice !!

Advertisement