Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bettystown beach

Options
  • 09-08-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Can anybody plz tell me if it is legal for meath co,council to be charging people to park on the beach in Bettystown ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Once the money goes back into the upkeep of the beach ie cleaning up after all the tossers who come down and pollute the whole area I'm all for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

God they only charge €2 per day. On Sunday 1st Aug they had 2 people patrolling the beach. One of these was beside the barrier taking the moeny and putting it into the machine and giving a ticket....what a waste of manpower. I wonder if they were on overtime. They should charge a decent fee say €10 or let the people park illegaly (did I spell that right) and clamp them. There were a few people learning to drive on the beach. Cars should be banned from this beach and all beaches . To find out if it is legal let the council issue a ticket and take you to court the judge can decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nascar

2 yo yo's a day is all very well but the beach is NOT a car park.charging people who don't litter and don't joy ride on the beach is not going to solve the problem. why is it free to go on laytown beach ? Are the wardens on the beach at 10oc on a friday nite.let me answer that for you , NO .

why is the n3 in Meath limited to 80klm,s an hour top speed when as soon as you enter Cavan it go,s immediately to 100klm,s an hour.Can this be to try to get people to use the m3 and pay more tax,s on the toll ?. Before the motorway opened in Meath the n3 was 100klm,s an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

nascar wrote: »
    why is the n3 in Meath limited to 80klm,s an hour top speed when as soon as you enter Cavan it go,s immediately to 100klm,s an hour.Can this be to try to get people to use the m3 and pay more tax,s on the toll ?. Before the motorway opened in Meath the n3 was 100klm,s an hour

YES

• Advertisement

Can anybody plz tell me if it is legal for meath co,council to be charging people to park on the beach in Bettystown ?

Its disgusting that cars are allowed to be on the beach. It is so unhygenic.

It could only happen in this kip of a country

so tell me where do you propose we all park instead of the beach . would that be the car park in bettystown?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

People have been parking on the beach for a long long time without any ill effect and a €2 charge to help with up keep is hardly something to complain about

you are missing the point, try and see the bigger picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

theres a carpark out front at centra , or go to the back of funtasia theres a free one litterly 20 seconds from the beach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Bettystown is a bit of a dump anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

2 yo yo's a day is all very well but the beach is NOT a car park.charging people who don't litter and don't joy ride on the beach is not going to solve the problem. why is it free to go on laytown beach ? Are the wardens on the beach at 10oc on a friday nite.let me answer that for you , NO .
    so tell me where do you propose we all park instead of the beach . would that be the car park in bettystown?

I'm having trouble seeing your point. Why does it annoy you so much? Are you saying people should be allowed park wherever they like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

I was out there the other day. I saw a huge oil spot in the sand where the car that was previously parked there must have been leaking oil.
    I wonder how many cars piss oild into the sand there during the year.
    Should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Its disgusting that cars are allowed to be on the beach. It is so unhygenic.

Huh?

How do you make that out?:confused:

Huh?

Wait til your kids go digging in the sand and end up covered in the oil mentioned in the post above yours and see what you think.

Huh?

You joking right??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Wait til your kids go digging in the sand and end up covered in the oil mentioned in the post above yours and see what you think.

I doubt every car on the beach is leaking oil.

In fact I'd imagine its a tiny percentage, you want to ban all cars cos one person cant look after their car?

Thats a terrible attitude, if everyone thought like that we'd not be able to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

draffodx wrote: »

In fact I'd imagine its a tiny percentage, you want to ban all cars cos one person cant look after their car?

Thats a terrible attitude, if everyone thought like that we'd not be able to do anything.

To be honest I'd be tempted to close the access barrier as high tide approaches, it's a beach not a car park and people should be able to relax without the sound of racing aspirators somewhere.

draffodx wrote: »

Ever see the damage just 1 pint of oil can do in water?
    Thousands of cars a year park there. I think we can assume more than one is leaking oil.

Always though ireland was a 3rd world country, parking on the beach, its a skit right!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ah Bettystown Beach one of my favourite subjects.

I would spend a lot of time on the beach and it pains me to see the way people can just get up and walk away leaving all their rubbish and dirt behind them.. I have seen barbeques left in the sand, empty cans, dirty nappies.. some people just get up and drive off the beach leaving all their rubbish behind.

Now in fairness there are not that many bins along the beach, Meath county council should be ashamed of them selves, they charge people onto a beach and have no proper facilities..

a skip should be deposited on the beach, for busy weekends and summers days.

toilet facilities should be made available.

and most importantly a litter warden should be on duty to fine those who litter.

During the winter the beach is lovely its clean enough because there arent as many visitors as during the summer.. but during the summer it is a disgrace..

Advertisement