Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSA arrears

• 09-08-2010 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

my credits recently ran out and I have applied for Jobseekers Allowance. it's been about 6 weeks already and still haven't heard a word from them. my question is - will I get paid for the time I am waiting for the decision?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Yes, it will be backdated from when you first applied.

In the meantime why dont you go to your local CWO and they can give you your money while you are waiting on the JSA claim to come through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I will give it a try, thanks for the answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Spongy Cabbage

Just seen this thread today, I applied for JSA on May 17th and had my means test on the 18th of june will i get arrears if/when my claim goes through? and from which date, 17th may or 18th june?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

17th May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just seen this thread today, I applied for JSA on May 17th and had my means test on the 18th of june will i get arrears if/when my claim goes through? and from which date, 17th may or 18th june?

Apply to your local CWO to pay it in the meantime

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement