Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiku's Log - Dutching & Backing

Options
  • 09-08-2010 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

Have read the forums for a good while now and said i'd see if I can show a profit through dutching and backing. I usually green up if prices come in enough to take 80%+ profit but it will be nice to see how it goes without greening up.

Dutch 1 : Wolverhampton 14:45

Busker: 2.5
    Wolfs Layer: 5.7

Dutch Odds = €13.60 gets you €10 profit - I'll work out those odds later

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Shiku

Dutch 2:

Southwell 15:00

Veloso: 7.2
    Nave : 6

€4.40 get you €10 so a little over 2/1

Bet 3:

Wolverhampton 15:45

Greek Islands: 3.95

This was going to be a dutch bet with singapore lily but it's a non runner so just a stright back for Greek Islands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

best of luck shiku, can you explain to me what dutching is?

Thanks Ft9,

It's where you back two runners in a race for equal profit if either of them win. Tried it a few times recently and it can be good if you are having trouble deciding between two or three horses in a race and feel the odds are still value. Great if you fancy a short priced horse and a real long one because the profitability isn't affected too much.

Dutch 4:

16:15 Wolverhampton

Marino Prince: 15
    New England: 21

€1.29 gets you €10

• Advertisement

Bet 5:

16:45 Wolverhapton

Jezza: 5.7 win 2.72 place

was going to tip gracies gift in the next one but the all weather isn't going as expected so one last one for the day.

dutch 6:
    Thirsk 19:00

Kilt Rock:5.4
    Tribal Myth: 9.2

€4.16 gets you €10

Advertisement