Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom: Question about NGB, and likely speed I will get

• 09-08-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

I was checking the eircom NGB map this morning to see if my exchange (Quaker Road, Cork) was upgraded. It has been upgraded as it happens, so I was thinking of changing over to NGB.

I've been on a 3Mb package with one of the talktime addons since 2006. I've constantly gotten essentially the full speed from it, with download speeds of about 310KB/second at full whack. Which is roughly about 2.4 Mb if my maths is right!

I'm about 2km from the exchange along the poles. It's pretty much the same as the crow flies. Here are my line stats.
    [B]	                       Downstream   	           Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps)	3072	                    384
    SN Margin (dB)	                10.50	                   23.00
    Line Attenuation (dB)	        33.50	                   19.50
    CRC Errors	                  23	                       1[/B]

So my question is, am I likely to get close to the 8Mb with that kind of line?

I'm useless at interpreting line stats so I would appreciate any help you can give me, and if you need more info I'll gladly supply it. :o

Thanks,

John

Comments

Advertisement