Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice eating spots in Newcastle?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any nice 'country-style' restaurants (not take-aways!) in the Newcastle area? Somewhere around a ten minute drive away is what I was hoping for. The Italian in Newcastle seems lovely, have that planned, yet I am seeking out more places...
    We are expecting visitors from out of town and would be nice to keep it in Wicklow! PS I know all the places in Greystones!
    Thank you!
    Sorry Mods if I should have put this in Wicklow forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Fishers in newtownmountkennedy is nice for lunch

http://www.fishers.ie/the_buttery.php

and Marc Michel in Kilpedder is nice for lunch as well oh and the restaurant in Mount Usher gardens in Ashford as well is now run by Avoca

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    and Marc Michel in Kilpedder is nice for lunch as well

I thought his café had closed down (planning issues or something like that).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

loyatemu wrote: »
    I thought his café had closed down (planning issues or something like that).

It is indeed closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    It is indeed closed.
    Did it not reopen?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Thanks for the great tips guys. Exactly what I am looking for. It would be great if Marc Michel had opened again, if I find out I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Marc Michel's cafe is closed, but he still operates as an organic farmer. Bummer, seemed like a little bit of of the continent in Newtown!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

Try Hunters as well for something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

sasmac wrote: »

What, its cheap??
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭geem

sasmac wrote: »

For food that tastes like day old school dinners and serving staff who act like dinner ladies and who ask you if you are finished with the 'sauce' and when you say no, take it away anyway.
    Yes it sure is different.

• Advertisement
Advertisement