Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Flights to Oz

Options
  • 09-08-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

We are looking to fly over and activate our Australian Skilled Migrant Visa. What is the cheapest airline to go with? It doesn't bother us where we land in Oz really all we want to do is stay a few days, activate it and come home. Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

hey bridge,

According to Quantas, April is the cheapest time of the year to fly over there. most prob because everyone ether has kids in school or is in school themselves at the time. I would bear that in mind if you are only looking to activate your visa. Also I always found www.airasiax.com fairly decent price wise when I travelled but saying thatit was a different world a few years ago.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

West coast should be cheaper to fly to. Darwin cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Putting in some random dates in Feb next year you can get 1000euro rt with EI/MH (Malaysian) from Dublin to Sydney

With Air Asia you can get a tix for 750 euro but it means starting in STN (going to Perth) so you need to add in the cost of a flight to STN. In addition Air Asia dont check you through, so you would need to collect bags etc in KUL and re-check. I don't know how well the flight times connect either so it could mean a long wait in KUL. Honestly, I think flying Air Asia is like flying Ryanair and I try to avoid Ryanair for anything over 2 hours. Would you really do Ryanair for 24 hours, especially if you are then turning around a few days later to do it all over again? Plus with Air Asia you have to pay for entertainment, food etc.

For the sake of 250euro Id rather go with a full cost airline, know that my bags are checked through, that if a flight is delayed I'll be put on the next one etc.

East coast is 'normally' cheaper due to volume. Darwin could be cheap, but only if you are flying on Tiger air etc from somewhere in Asia.

JMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

BRIDGE27 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are looking to fly over and activate our Australian Skilled Migrant Visa. What is the cheapest airline to go with? It doesn't bother us where we land in Oz really all we want to do is stay a few days, activate it and come home. Any help would be great
    id try www.australianholidays.ie id got my flight over here with them for 700euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Liam_Flag

mel.b wrote: »
    Putting in some random dates in Feb next year you can get 1000euro rt with EI/MH (Malaysian) from Dublin to Sydney

With Air Asia you can get a tix for 750 euro but it means starting in STN (going to Perth) so you need to add in the cost of a flight to STN. In addition Air Asia dont check you through, so you would need to collect bags etc in KUL and re-check. I don't know how well the flight times connect either so it could mean a long wait in KUL. Honestly, I think flying Air Asia is like flying Ryanair and I try to avoid Ryanair for anything over 2 hours. Would you really do Ryanair for 24 hours, especially if you are then turning around a few days later to do it all over again? Plus with Air Asia you have to pay for entertainment, food etc.

For the sake of 250euro Id rather go with a full cost airline, know that my bags are checked through, that if a flight is delayed I'll be put on the next one etc.

East coast is 'normally' cheaper due to volume. Darwin could be cheap, but only if you are flying on Tiger air etc from somewhere in Asia.

JMHO.

For the sake of €250? That's a lot of money...

Got a price of about €470 one way from Dublin to Perth by checking different dates in September with Airasia

• Advertisement
Advertisement