Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural Resettlement Ireland

Options
  • 09-08-2010 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I am thinking about doing this for myself and family but would really like to hear other peoples views on it,anyone who has done this opinions would be greatly appreciated i am from a place in Dublin which is becoming worst and worst by day! Also if i hand my keys over and move somewhere different than west of Ireland (because i know they only cover west Ireland) do i qualify for rent allowance, and will i be placed back on the housing list wherever it is i move to because im am getting mixed views about this?!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The way rent-allowance works has changed recently- you can't simply move rent-allowance from one council area to another, you have to apply to the new council seperately. I'm not sure how the rural resettlement scheme is working at the moment- you really should contact them directly (phone: 0818 300 444) and get a current information pack from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I had thought that scheme was abandoned. I may be wrong.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Victor wrote: »
    I had thought that scheme was abandoned. I may be wrong.

You could well be right- I know their funding got seriously chopped- its entirely possible the entire scheme got wound up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Hey, just seen this thread while searching for same :)
    Can confirm the scheme is not wound up and is still running.
    I'm in process of applying for same myself with my family, looking to move to Mayo or Kerry from Dublin.

One way or the other, I'm moving to either place with or without help.
    I'm very very reluctant to seek any help with regards to rent allowance or otherwise but I know I'll need some help at the start at least until I get set up with a job so unfortunately I probably will need to seek assistance with rent at the start anyway.

I'm only starting the process with RRI, have to fill in the form then go meet them at some stage soon in Dublin City Council offices. Will see how it goes but anyway, just to confirm the scheme/help from RRI is all still up and running.

Advertisement