Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date advice

Options
  • 09-08-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all

I'm just looking for some advice - I'm 29 and have been out since I was 22 but I've never had a boyfriend. I've a good few one night stands, kissed guys and had a few dates but just never seem to be able to get much further then a date or two

All of the guys that I have gone on basically gave me the brush off

I have had a reply to an ad I placed and I would like to maybe try and get past a first date or two - I guess my problem is that I am a very shy person until I get to know someone and also my self confidence isn't always the best - I get all fearful that a person I am dating would think that I was boring (due to my interests) or a loner (due to not having many friends)

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭Daith

Go for it. Otherwise you will end in a bad cycle of not doing new stuff for fear of how you might come across.

Just don't go in with expectations that your life is going to change with one date. I'd view just going on the date as a success and try and go from there.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭LGiamani

hannor wrote: »
    Hey all

I'm just looking for some advice - I'm 29 and have been out since I was 22 but I've never had a boyfriend. I've a good few one night stands, kissed guys and had a few dates but just never seem to be able to get much further then a date or two

All of the guys that I have gone on basically gave me the brush off

I have had a reply to an ad I placed and I would like to maybe try and get past a first date or two - I guess my problem is that I am a very shy person until I get to know someone and also my self confidence isn't always the best - I get all fearful that a person I am dating would think that I was boring (due to my interests) or a loner (due to not having many friends)

Any advice?

Go for it you seem like a nice person who just wants company its perfectly natural. At least you are not looking for your leg over or a boy toy to look at good luck

Advertisement