Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options
  • 09-08-2010 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

This is from toutless for anyone with Crowdsurge tickets please read.

Also be aware of the increased danger of buying secondary tickets.

Big thanks to touless for this info.

The mail they sent on Thursday claimed this would only be the case for tickets not picked up on Friday. It now appears they've blanket cancelled all standing tickets issued via Crowdsurge to have them picked up at the box office. I've emailed them for clarification but I'm not confident I'll get a response today on this. Assuming what this says is true then I have prepared the below on tickets bought/sold for this event for our users. As always this is my interpretation of the facts that the promoters have made public and is given in good faith but things may change etc etc.

WHAT THIS MEANS!
    1.)This ONLY applies to standing tickets from Crowdsurge sent by mail. These only started to be delivered on Wednesday. If you'd got your ticket from someone here prior to Wedneday THIS DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU!

2.)To check if a ticket is from Crowdsurge it will look identical to a regular ticket but have the word CROWDSURGE printed at a 90degree angle to the barcode. If it doesn't have this THIS DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU!

3.) If both of the above circumstances are true I strongly recommend you get in contact immediately with the person who sold the tickets to you. There is no indication what Crowdsurge will require to pick up the reissued tickets today but I would imagine the original booking mail and possibly some id will be required so in all likely hood they'll have to be there to pick up the tickets.

4.) If you are meeting someone today who is picking up crowdsurge tickets from outside the venue confirm with them that these have been picked up today and are not ones posted earlier. If at all possible stick with them until you've all been admitted to the venue to ensure there are no problems.

As I get more info I'll try to keep this up to date and I'm hoping to get to the venue early to find out what is going on and will update our twitter account from the site.

They have announced some arena dates in England and apparently this will be part of that tour.

Not sure when tickets are on sale, possibly on sale this Friday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Where did you hear this? Haven't seen any word of it yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

yeh were is the info :) havent heard anything either

would you say they would fill the o2??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Where did you hear this? Haven't seen any word of it yet.

The 5th is for definite, but hasn't been announced yet. The 6th is very likely.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea can see them doing 2 dates

• Advertisement

The two 02 dates were part of the Oxegen deal. The other date is either the day before or the day after.

Y'all know I love Arcade Fire, and I'd dearly love to see them on home turf with a home crowd, but if the rumours about a 73 euro ticket price are true, then I shall be seeing them in London instead, methinks.

We'll see though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Y'all know I love Arcade Fire, and I'd dearly love to see them on home turf with a home crowd, but if the rumours about a 73 euro ticket price are true, then I shall be seeing them in London instead, methinks.

That's far far too much to see them in the O2.

Mmm, and particularly after the turnout for Oxegen, it seems a bit unrealistic. A friend of mine is looking for confirmation from the horse's mouth, I'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That price is crazy!

Am going to see them in Lisbon in November - I got 2 of the most expensive tickets available for €72.08 (that's €36 each) including booking fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Whats the going rate for a ticket for a fairly big band in the O2 these days? I would of though 50ish would be reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

yea around that buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

If thats true its a ****ing JOKE, ive never dismissed a gig I wanted to go to because of the price ever, even when others were complaining all around me if I wanted to see them that was it but that takes the biscuit and will be my first vote-with-feet.

73 blips? No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Whats the going rate for a ticket for a fairly big band in the O2 these days? I would of though 50ish would be reasonable?

50ish would be reasonable, but since when has anything here been reasonable.

The last few gigs I've been to in the O2 have been closer to the 70ish mark or over.

Just stall the digger, it's not set in stone yet. The other Euro prices are all in or around the 30 or 40 quid mark.

i say it will be the €42 price

The Phoenix Park tickets were fifty-something, so it fairly definitely won't be less than that.

I've since heard a few other price points bandied around - 50-ish, 60-ish- so don't freak out yet, we might not be getting too badly rinsed after all.

but surely the pheonix park adds on money because its in a park etc ,dont know how to explain it but id say its going to be less because in the o2 is a venue and the pheonix park was more like a event ???:S:S that make sense ???

You'd think, but the show in the park was only there because there was no standard venue big enough with the O2/ Point out of action. There were a couple of other acts in the same tent that week, so that was something MCD set up rather than just Arcade Fire.

There's no real economy of scale when it comes to venues, neither. And it's worth mentioning that Vampire Weekend are a pretty big name band for support, love them or hate them, which doesn't help.

Personally, I'd expect aroundabout 60ish. I think I'd be just about happy paying that.

mcd are money grabbing muppets tho :(:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Mmm. Now, to be fair, I'm told Arcade Fire command a decently hefty fee - 7 to 11 people to feed, I suppose - but evidently somebody from MCD was paying attention to the €160 people were paying on eBay last time around.

Different times three years ago though...

hmmmmmmm i think its stupid the way they are pricing their tickets from what people are paying on ebay!!

and i understand about the whole 11 mouths to fead etc but still 60/70 is ridiculous

Are Vampire Weekend rumoured to be supporting them? Sadly i can see tickets being high since until the debt from the O2 is paid off we could be seeing high prices until then.

if they support i say it would be a good concert

really are the o2 in debt >?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Sadly i can see tickets being high since until the debt from the O2 is paid off we could be seeing high prices until then.

First I've heard of that.

I would be very surprised if this ended up more than €55.

First I've heard of that.

I would be very surprised if this ended up more than €55.

:S:S:S

Sorry i dont mean there in debt but i think (could be wrong) from what ive heard that the O2 was expensive so they havent paid it off totally year. Could be wrong so dont hold to it

cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

Tickets are going to be between 60 and 70 euros and vampire weekend are supporting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

This argument arises every time a big concert is announced. People begin to complain as usual that the prices are to high and declare they are not going to buy tickets in protest etc etc. However come Friday morning the concerts still sell out in seconds, and I guarantee you it will be no different with the upcoming Arcade Fire concerts.

Advertisement