Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

There's also the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane (John Rogersons Quay). Because of the New Bridge you could walk it in 10-15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Excellent, guys. Thanks a mil. I'll check those out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

LarryMac wrote: »
    Got 3 tickets for the Sunday Night Standing first go at 9am this morning. Was surprised it was that easy. Should be a cracking gig. They played a few off the new album at Oxegen so it will be better now that i've had a few listens to it.
    I heard that not may showed up to watch them on Main Stage. I got up the front which was odd cause I expected a huge crowd. So wasn't looking behind me. My mate who was with me heard on the radio no more that 10,000 showed up. I was surprised with that. Then again all the young folk were prob off watching the DJ's :eek:.... The rain prob didn't help either... Does anyone know a rough estimate of the Oxegen crowd?

I couldn't say how many were there, but I looked back a few times and I can say for sure there were less people then there were at Kasabian or Jay Z, I said before Oxegen I didn't think they should be a headliner, but sure thats in the past.

I actually really did not enjoy them at Oxegen but I absolutely love the new album so I'm gonna give them a second chance, the O2 will suit them a lot more anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

anyone know if the support acts for monday are the same as sunday?

i heard ash and snow patrol were meant to be on the bill for monday but suspect this might not be 100% accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

conno16 wrote: »
    i heard ash and snow patrol were meant to be on the bill for monday but suspect this might not be 100% accurate
    Someone's been telling you "porky pies"..

.. same support acts AFAIK!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

conno16 wrote: »
    anyone know if the support acts for monday are the same as sunday?

More bullsh-it surprise surprise.

Don't post any more speculation in this thread again. This is your last warning.

Who the support act is advertised very clearly on ticketmaster. Have a wander over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭big_show

Ok Just to clear up this up, who is supporting Arcade Fire on Sunday?

EDIT: ah found it, vampire weekend and devendra banhart

apologies, didn't realise it had been posted previously

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So, wait, who's supporting?

:p

So, wait, who's supporting?

:p
    Tom Waits and Kurt Cobain AFAIK.

• Advertisement

Even Jim Carroll ought to be happy with that so.

tom waits would be good
    but not as a warm up act for AF

kurk cobain lol :D
    RIP dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Can't wait for this, I love VW too so it should be a good gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Saw them at Rock en Seine yesterday. I reckon the O2 show will be great. New stage setup is excellent and the band were more alive and into playing than when I saw them last in the Phoenix Park. New songs sounded really good and they didn't seem to be bored of playing the old ones either. Only downside is they had to cut the gig early after rain forced them off the stage! No matter what bad things you say about Ireland that is one thing you'll never see here!

Am I right in saying some of Beirut were onstage for Ocean of Noise? My French blows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Yup lead singer and one of the other guys were up there with them playing brass. Think they were playing during Wake Up as well but had moved to the side and couldn't see them by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Check out The Gibson. I'm staying there the Sunday night. It's right next door to the O2. €99 room only.

if you book through lidl-breaks you can get a free spin on the dublin wheel thrown in!! oh and booking through them also includes brekkie.

http://www.lidl-breaks.ie/dublin-wheel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Anybody get their tickets yet? Booked it through the Arcade Fire web site. Probably too early but said i'd ask

AF's own site tickets will be probably within a few weeks of the show, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cobraverde

Received my tickets this morning. Booked through ticketmaster, though certainly would've used the band site instead had I realised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Yeah interested in knowing when the crowdsurge ones arrive also if someone could post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Has anyone got their crowd surge tickets yet? 5 weeks away now and still mine havent arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

No, havent received them yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I haven't received mine yet either, but I'd be interested to hear if Ticketmaster have sent out theirs yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

L'prof wrote: »
    I haven't received mine yet either, but I'd be interested to hear if Ticketmaster have sent out theirs yet???

Look up four posts

Well f*ck it! :(
    Arcade Fire We have been forced to cancel our European Tour opener in Lisbon on Nov 18 due to security concerns around the NATO Summit on Nov 19 & 20.

The band are disappointed to be forced into this situation but there’s nothing more we can do. We will refund all tickets and we’ll endeavour to get back to see our fans Portugal as soon as we can.

Tickets will be refunded in full at point of purchase from November 3rd onwards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

basquille wrote: »
    Well f*ck it! :(

Unlucky dude.

Ouch. Sorry to hear it Basquille.

Ahh.. not too bothered!

Was going over to see my brother, sister-in-law and my niece and nephew in Lisbon first-and-foremost.

Just a shame!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

basquille wrote: »
    Ahh.. not too bothered!

Was going over to see my brother, sister-in-law and my niece and nephew in Lisbon first-and-foremost.

Just a shame!

Sure you were ;);):pac:

Advertisement