Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Still, the Lisbon thing has produced some amusingly misleading headlines. "Arcade Fire Cancel Concert Due To NATO Conflict" and "Nato takes down Arcade Fire" being my two favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

still no crowd surge ticktes here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Judith Ann

mloc123 wrote: »
    still no crowd surge ticktes here :confused:

same here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

The Crowd Surge website says they are usually sent out between 2- 4 weeks before. Still a bit worried though! Has anyone used them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

No crowdsurge tickets for me either - this was the first time ive used them, i saw comments from other boardies at the time of purchase say that they were fine to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Arcade Fire has worked extensively with Partners in Health over the past five years, and recently, have become involved with Kanpe, a Canadian based NGO that helps Haitian families find sustainable means out of poverty. The band donates a portion of all tickets sales to Kanpe and PIH, and features Kanpe/PIH set ups at all of their shows so that fans can learn more and become engaged & involved.

No special skills are need to volunteer - just a commitment and passion for the work of PIH and Kanpe, and the ability to get out there and talk to people!

Volunteers arrive about an hour before the show, go through a thorough training with our traveling organizer, and spend the time from when the doors open to when the band goes on talking to fans and getting them involved. Tickets to the show are not required to volunteer, though if you do have tickets, volunteering will not interfere with you getting to see the show, so you are still welcome to join us!

http://lokahioutreach.org/ArcadeFire.html

Dukie wrote: »
    The Crowd Surge website says they are usually sent out between 2- 4 weeks before. Still a bit worried though! Has anyone used them before?

Yeah, and they're spot on. They hold off until a couple of weeks before the show in order to minimise scalping on their lower priced tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

anyone have an idea how to find a dec 5th ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Yeah, and they're spot on. They hold off until a couple of weeks before the show in order to minimise scalping on their lower priced tickets.

To stop people making a cool 2 euro? I ordered 4 but now someone has pulled out, so I need to get rid of one or else I'm stung for the cost of it. This is annoying me.. if they're going to hold off until the last minute they should really provide some sort of facility to cancel a ticket too (and then they could also resell it).

It's not just 2 euro; it's to minimise the chances of touts eating up all the lower price tickets in the fan presale, which you'll recall has been a bit of a problem for Arcade Fire shows in the past.

As far as I can tell, Crowdsurge usually dispatch within 14 days of the show, but their customer service is generally pretty good so it's worth getting in touch with them and seeing if they can do anything for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

I've got a seating ticket and really want to stand especially as I'm going on my own. I haven't been to the O2 yet. Does anyone know what the craic is with getting into standing with a seating ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I've got a seating ticket and really want to stand especially as I'm going on my own. I haven't been to the O2 yet. Does anyone know what the craic is with getting into standing with a seating ticket?

I've tried this before, It aint easy, at the end of the staircase down from the seating area there is double doors into the standing area, there is a security guy on every door tho! so you'd have to get lucky to get by him, I'd save yourself the hassle and pick up a standing ticket,

I've tried this before, It aint easy, at the end of the staircase down from the seating area there is double doors into the standing area, there is a security guy on every door tho! so you'd have to get lucky to get by him, I'd save yourself the hassle and pick up a standing ticket,

I thought this would be the case. Thanks for the info though. No standing tickets left. Have an ad up for a swap, but pretty much know that's a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's not just 2 euro; it's to minimise the chances of touts eating up all the lower price tickets in the fan presale, which you'll recall has been a bit of a problem for Arcade Fire shows in the past.

As far as I can tell, Crowdsurge usually dispatch within 14 days of the show, but their customer service is generally pretty good so it's worth getting in touch with them and seeing if they can do anything for you.

I've found their customer service quite troublesome myself. I'm supposodly going to the Madrid show on Saturday, I travel Thursday over to Spain. Ordered tickets through Crowd Surge to my Irish address and they still haven't arrived, and it's 5 days before the show!!!

Of course I have been emailing with no response. Same thing happened with Arcade Fire in Bologna in September. Didn't arrive, up until the week of the gig. Crowd Surge eventually replied with a generic email to people saying that tickets will now be at will call (handier for me anyway) and that postage fees would be reimbursed. Got the tickets on the day with minimum hassle but again was continually on to customer service to get my postage refunded. Happened in the end (saw in my bank a/c, they didn't email to tell me) but I have never gotten a response from their customer service, just the generic email about the Italian gig.

I hope they do something soon about Madrid as it's very very soon and I've booked 4 other gigs through them including these Dublin gigs. Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AnotherTool

Was at The Prodigy last year and one of my friends was only able to get a seating ticket but when she got in she found an elevator(not sure where:() that she was able to go down and very easily join us..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Dukie wrote: »

Did Anyone get tickets yet ?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

DominoDub wrote: »
    Did Anyone get tickets yet ?:(

no, but I logged into my crowd surge account and it states tickets will be sent out 14 days before the gig,and as their coming registered post we should be safe enough

Was at The Prodigy last year and one of my friends was only able to get a seating ticket but when she got in she found an elevator(not sure where:() that she was able to go down and very easily join us..:D

Ah nice one....will try that so!

What did you use them for? They've screwed me over twice now, hate these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Fantastic on Jools tonite.

• Advertisement

So not only did CrowdSurge not send out tickets in the mail for Arcade Fire at Madrid last Saturday, they didn't contact anybody until Thursday evening (couple of days before the show), told them that they've changed delivery of the tickets to box office collection (which they did to me before at a concert in Italy at the last minute), made people wait until doors had opened before giving out these tickets, and finally, GAVE OUT THE WRONG TICKETS.

Anyone who ordered standing tickets got seats at the very back of the arena and some people didn't get the full amount of tickets that they had paid for. CS have still not compensated for the postage costs which were originally paid for and made a lot of people who had decided to order off the official site rather than anywhere else pretty mad that they didn't get the experience they had hoped for.

I know people here have mixed views about this company but I for one am not expecting my Arcade Fire tickets for Dublin anytime soon after these first 2 experiences I've had purchasing from them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Well that's not on. I don't mind the collecting (though will be a nightmare if everyone is there to collect) but the not getting what you ordered is fairly messy. Think I'll start putting the pressure on them now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Toast wrote: »
    Well that's not on. I don't mind the collecting (though will be a nightmare if everyone is there to collect) but the not getting what you ordered is fairly messy. Think I'll start putting the pressure on them now.

This. Anyone else in the same boat i'd advise to do the same.

Hello xxxxxx,

Tickets for this event will be sent today and you will be emailed your Royal Mail tracking number when the tickets have been despatched.

Please contact me if you need any further information.

Reply I just recieved

Yeah I got a reply saying they'll be posted "shortly". Went back and asked when shortly is as considering it is on a Sunday they'd want them out before the end of the week. Nothing back yet.

edit: reply to say they are going out today. I wonder if we reminded them suddenly with our queries. :-D

Toast wrote: »
    Yeah I got a reply saying they'll be posted "shortly". Went back and asked when shortly is as considering it is on a Sunday they'd want them out before the end of the week. Nothing back yet.

edit: reply to say they are going out today. I wonder if we reminded them suddenly with our queries. :-D

hopefully, until I get a mail tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Just got this - cutting it fine !
    Dear ******
    We just want to provide you with a brief update on the status of delivery of your Arcade Fire tickets.
    We can confirm that they will be despatched over the course of today and tomorrow.
    You will subsequently receive a confirmation of this despatch over the next two days.
    Many thanks and best regards,
    The Team at CrowdSurge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dear xxx xxx,
    We just want to provide you with a brief update on the status of delivery of your Arcade Fire tickets.
    We can confirm that they will be despatched over the course of today and tomorrow.
    You will subsequently receive a confirmation of this despatch over the next two days.
    Many thanks and best regards,
    The Team at CrowdSurge

Yeah got that too. At first thought they were doing it in response to my query but if they sent it out to everyone they must have got a rake of people mailing today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Got that email too, even though I didn't email them at all.

Advertisement