Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yep got the same email today. Encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The UK Crowdsurge tickets have started arriving, so looks good.

For whatever reason, the UK/Ireland Crowdsurge operation seems to be in a completely different universe to how they work elsewhere.

The UK Crowdsurge tickets have started arriving, so looks good.

For whatever reason, the UK/Ireland Crowdsurge operation seems to be in a completely different universe to how they work elsewhere.

Scott Rodger suggested that the problem they had been having on the continent related to individual venues and promoters. Also, as I said in the megathread, I'd imagine a much larger number of purchases were made with CrowdSurge for the UK and Dublin date rather than the others. At Madrid only a tiny number of thousands were affected by their screw-up.

In any case yep, looking good for Dublin tickets. Any idea where they're coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

8-10 wrote: »
    Scott Rodger suggested that the problem they had been having on the continent related to individual venues and promoters. Also, as I said in the megathread, I'd imagine a much larger number of purchases were made with CrowdSurge for the UK and Dublin date rather than the others. At Madrid only a tiny number of thousands were affected by their screw-up.

In any case yep, looking good for Dublin tickets. Any idea where they're coming from?
    They'll be coming from England via the royal mail registered post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I suppose no one has their despatch mail yet? I'm very wary that if they don't get posted tomorrow they'll say it is too late to send them now and it will be at the box office. If I have nothing in the morning I'll be mailing them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I was expecting the dispatch mail today but nothing yet. They better pull the finger and get moving!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

This is bloody ridiculous. Never using CrowdSurge again. The benefit of saving a few euro is far outweighed by this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

penexpers wrote: »
    This is bloody ridiculous. Never using CrowdSurge again. The benefit of saving a few euro is far outweighed by this nonsense.

I will if it means I can buy tickets for a gig that sold out hours ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why are you all getting you knickers in a twist? If you get the tickets next week that's plenty of time. The gigs are over a week away.

I think some people just like to have a moan. Worse case scenario you pick them up at the venue. It's hardly the end of the world.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why are you all getting you knickers in a twist? If you get the tickets next week that's plenty of time. The gigs are over a week away.

I think some people just like to have a moan. Worse case scenario you pick them up at the venue. It's hardly the end of the world.

It's not the end of the world but it's a damn inconvenience. Plus I was forced to pay extra for registered post.

Honestly, if TM pulled this stunt, everyone would be up in arms. Just because the ticket agency is different doesn't make it less wrong.

• Advertisement

penexpers wrote: »
    It's not the end of the world but it's a damn inconvenience. Plus I was forced to pay extra for registered post.

Honestly, if TM pulled this stunt, everyone would be up in arms. Just because the ticket agency is different doesn't make it less wrong.
    Stunt? What stunt?
    Please Note: Printed tickets will usually be despatched 14 days before the event. If you do not receive your tickets 5 days before the event please contact us using the relevant contact info listed on our contact page:
    http://crowdsurge.com/index.php?menu=contact

They sent an email on Tuesday (23/11/10) saying tickets in the process of being despatched. Gigs are the 5th and 6th. So again, what stunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

As I said already in this thread, I need to get rid of one ticket. They are really putting me out, ****ing pain in the hole.

Stunt? What stunt?

They sent an email on Tuesday (23/11/10) saying tickets in the process of being despatched. Gigs are the 5th and 6th. So again, what stunt?

Don't need to be a genius to work out that postage fee x no. of orders x 2 nights = nice tidy profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

So again, what stunt?

Check up a few posts about the guy who had the same thing happen with his tickets in Milan.

They didn't hand out the tickets until after the doors opened meaning they effectively start queuing to pick up tickets when the doors opened. Given how many people bought tickets via this method in Dublin think of that queue outside the O2 in freezing weather. You can be sure that with 3 bands to play Devandra Banhart will be starting fairly early after doors so if you want to see one of the acts you paid for you'll want to be there extremely early to ensure you aren't queuing when he is playing.

Also the guy above after getting his tickets found they weren't even the correct ones he ordered. If that happens here think about all the people arguing to the ticket booth as they pick up the tickets delaying things further.

Fact is we all paid for them to be delivered and not have to deal with this hassle.. they told us they'd be sent out by today and we'd get a tracking email to confirm this. We haven't received this yet. By their own website these should have been sent out 2 weeks before the event. For the Sunday event tomorrow represents the five working days where their own website says you should probably start worrying.

I one of those people too, but I'm not moaning.

You're talking about what happened in a gig in Milan. The gigs are still over a week away in Dublin.

The gigs are still over a week away in Dublin.

By rights they should have sent the tickets by Monday at the latest. They didn't. They said they would send them yesterday/today. They didn't. They have utterly failed. Do you have any idea how slow registered post from the UK to here can be? Even if they send them tomorrow, there's no guarantee that they'll get here in time for the gig on Sunday.

I'm glad you enjoy paying for a service that you don't recieve, cos I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Just writing to inform you that your tickets for this event have been dispatched.
    Therefore you should receive them in 5 working days.

Your tracking number and further information for this shipment will be emailed to you tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Just got dispatch confirmation too. Hope it doesn't actually take 5 working days though, thats going to be cutting it close.

Toast wrote: »
    Check up a few posts about the guy who had the same thing happen with his tickets in Milan.

They didn't hand out the tickets until after the doors opened meaning they effectively start queuing to pick up tickets when the doors opened. Given how many people bought tickets via this method in Dublin think of that queue outside the O2 in freezing weather. You can be sure that with 3 bands to play Devandra Banhart will be starting fairly early after doors so if you want to see one of the acts you paid for you'll want to be there extremely early to ensure you aren't queuing when he is playing.

Also the guy above after getting his tickets found they weren't even the correct ones he ordered. If that happens here think about all the people arguing to the ticket booth as they pick up the tickets delaying things further.

For the record, that was me. They failed to deliver tickets to me for the Bologna and Madrid shows, both ended up being will call. They have refunded the postage for the Bologna show, after I think 4 or 5 emails, but have yet to do so for Madrid (I will continue to email)

The Madrid box office gave out seated tickets (ground floor but way at the back like in The Point behind the standing crowd) instead of standing which were ordered. In fairness the venue staff were very good, they got a number of seated people onto the floor and also helped this other couple who paid for 4 tickets from CS but only got 2 at the box office. But it was a huge screw up from the ticket agent and the band's management has said he'd look into it for us.

HOWEVER, unlike either of those shows, I got the dispatch emails for the Dublin shows. It appears that the company actually have the ability to post them this time. I figure they have a lot more orders for Dublin and the UK than they did for the likes of Bologna and Madrid and I agree, it would be a disaster to have people queueing up in the same way. Especially if they gave out wrong tickets!

In short, I am confident that these tickets will arrive on time and am a lot happier having received the dispatch emails this time as opposed to before when they said nothing and sent nothing up until 3 days before the shows.

In future, TM, not CS!

Still no sign of dispatch for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Just got another email stating my tickets were posted yesterday
    Dear *****,

The Tracking reference code for your shipment is *********. Your order was sent by TNT Post yesterday and you should receive them during the next working week.

We hope you enjoy the event.

Kind Regards

The Team @ CrowdSurge

Just got that email too. That means I'll more than likely get my tickets before the gig. Bloody charlatans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Anyone know where to check the tracking number? I went to the TNT website but I just kept going round in circles trying to check where my tickets were.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Anyone know where to check the tracking number? I went to the TNT website but I just kept going round in circles trying to check where my tickets were.

Track package.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Getting Destination not found for my package.

Annoyed how close this has gotten. Presuming they will need to be signed for on arrival and can't guarantee someone will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

This will be signed for delivery, a pain in the ****ing arse. Should have bought off ticketmaster instead of these chancers.

Package not found on tnts website too, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

I am getting the same when I try enter the Tracking Number - this is some load of balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

Same here, tried the tracking number a number of different ways and nothing but I'm sure we should have them by Wednesday so a day or two to collect em if nobody in house to sign when they come. Awkward alright though as I've been telling the girlfriend we have tickets and we travelling from Cork so booked hotel and all so would be more relaxed if I had em in me paw! Should be a great gig though and we'll all forget about the CS doubts after a few tunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Yeeeeeeah, cept you cant collect from TNT

• Advertisement

They'll be delivered by An Post here.

Advertisement