Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

tomissex wrote: »
    Such a relief to know they're in the country
    Ya it is :)
    tomissex wrote: »
    and in the same county as me.
    :( not yet. Surely they'll get them to Cork in the next day or two though.
    Why leave it so late? Crazy. As long as I get them and enjoy the show, it'll be grand but they're really cutting it fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Just got my tracking number (Monday show here). Looks like the tickets actually came from the Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Why leave it so late? Crazy. As long as I get them and enjoy the show, it'll be grand but they're really cutting it fine.
    Ridiculous carry on, we bought and paid for these tickets months ago, the delivery fees were extortionate and we are still waiting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 flynnke

I purchased tickets for the Sunday night show. My tracking number won't work on An Post's website, so I rang them to see what the story is. Was told the tickets haven't even arrived in the country yet. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

We are writing to you in order to give you an update on the dispatch of your tickets for Arcade Fire in Dublin.

Your tickets are currently in transit via TNT Post and are being processed through the local mail carriers in Ireland, UK and Europe for delivery to you this week. Please refer to the tracking numbers emailed to you for the most up to date status of your order.

Please expect delivery of your tickets in the next 72hrs if not already received.

Please rest assured that if your tickets still fail to be delivered in time we will be able to cancel the tickets in the mail and make your order available for box office collection on the day of the show. In order to process this you will need to inform us via the online support centre.
    :
    flynnke wrote: »
    I purchased tickets for the Sunday night show. My tracking number won't work on An Post's website, so I rang them to see what the story is. Was told the tickets haven't even arrived in the country yet. Absolutely ridiculous.

Presume you got that email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just tracked mine and they are on currently on route to the customer. That gives us tomorrow or Friday to pick them up from the sorting office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Received my four tickets today, each in a seperate envelope though. Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 flynnke

Yes, I got that email yesterday. On the TNT website, it said they were sent yesterday, despite getting the 'dispatched' email from Crowdsurge last Friday. When's the latest that we can request a box-office collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

lordgoat wrote: »
    Presume you got that email?

Pain in the hole all the same, surely it couldn't have hurt to send them out a week earlier. One of the lads got mine, so not sure where they are at the moment, but someone else used my Crowd Surge account and his tickets were dispatched from Holland yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Was it registered post or normal post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Seems that they sent out mine separately too because the postman just arrived with a registered letter for me... with only one ticket inside! Hopefully I get the other one tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Got mine this morning too. 2 tickets, 2 envelopes. Registered post, had to sign twice for them. Surely that will cost Crowdsurge double. It is a bit strange.
    Anyway, good job An Post! Roll on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

On the tracking system it said "on route to customer" and now it says "in depot" :confused:

ShaneU wrote: »
    On the tracking system it said "on route to customer" and now it says "in depot" :confused:

You weren't there to sign for them, so now you have to call out to the depot to collect them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

L'prof wrote: »
    You weren't there to sign for them, so now you have to call out to the depot to collect them!

I was at home all morning, they would have left a note if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Maybe the Postie couldn't get to your gaff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Got my two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Yep, they seem to be filtering through today.
    Mine arrived today for the Sunday gig.
    Now to overcome the weather to make Interpol tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

just in from work... no sign of tickets or an note from postman about me not being in to sign anything... fingers crossed for the morning although i am starting to panic a bit now. If they dont arrive what are the options guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

According to the tracker, mine left the depot in d12, made it to d6 for some reason, then went back to the depot in d12.
    Annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Not too pushed about the first support act which won't be on until about 7pm so gonna head down for about 8ish. They still let people in when the gig has started don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

CiaranC wrote: »
    Ridiculous carry on, we bought and paid for these tickets months ago, the delivery fees were extortionate and we are still waiting for them.

They were sent out late to stop people selling them one, once they arrrived before the gig I'm happy and they were a lot cheaper overall than ticketmaster. They were also sent registered post which explains the high postage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

indiewindy wrote: »
    They were sent out late to stop people selling them one, once they arrrived before the gig I'm happy and they were a lot cheaper overall than ticketmaster. They were also sent registered post which explains the high postage

I paid nearly 58 euro per ticket for standing tickets off CrowdSurge. (51 euro per ticket + 4.36 booking fee per ticket + 3.50 per ticket postage). TM tells me it's 55.80 per standing ticket plus their fee of 6.35 = 62.15 euro. So they weren't that much cheaper.

They have also left it incredibly late to send tickets. The (predictably) inclement weather isn't helping things either. If they were that concerned about people selling them on, they should have made them all will-call and not charged the ridiculous postage fee. I've bought tickets off other fan sites before (Sigur Ros, Radiohead etc..) but CS have been by far the biggest shower of muppets I have come across. They should have been sent at leasy=t 14 days before the gig, not the week before. I won't be using them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

**POST DELETED**

EDIT: Sorry didn't realise it's not ok to advertise here.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Hi guys,

I have 2 tickets for Sun night. But reckon I'm gonna be stranded due weather! Does anybody know if maybe ticketmaster do refunds due this..long shot I know!! Or are they still even going to perform considering weather flights etc??

Disappointing, because was really looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Fancy That wrote: »
    I have 2 tickets for Sun night. But reckon I'm gonna be stranded due weather! Does anybody know if maybe ticketmaster do refunds due this..long shot I know!! Or are they still even going to perform considering weather flights etc??

The only way you will get a refund is if the gig(s) end up getting cancelled or postponed, which is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AnotherTool

Im in Cork. Got tickets for the Sunday show. Do you reckon the weather will affect getting there? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Im in Cork. Got tickets for the Sunday show. Do you reckon the weather will affect getting there? :(

Probably, though it seems getting the train up would be the safest bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sionna*

Probably, though it seems getting the train up would be the safest bet.

Its getting a train home at that hour of the night is a problem for me. I wonder if it will just be postponed if they cant do the UK dates because of the weather.

• Advertisement

Sionna* wrote: »
    Its getting a train home at that hour of the night is a problem for me. I wonder if it will just be postponed if they cant do the UK dates because of the weather.

Down th that sort of thing! Have they cancelled any of the UK gigs?

Advertisement