Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They played The O2 in London last night and a second date due tonight. Nothing else scheduled in between so should be enough time to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

got a reply from crowd surge this morning saying thta my tickets are in transit and if they dont arrive by friday morning to contact them and they will arrange for a box office collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Toast wrote: »
    They played The O2 in London last night and a second date due tonight. Nothing else scheduled in between so should be enough time to get here.

Weather in London isn't as bad as it was when i left Dublin yesterday. Show was excellent, the O2 is huge! Because it's indoors, including the ticket queue, and the tube takes you to the door, there was no problem with the cold etc. I think some trains to outside the city finished early last night but most people got there, it was pretty much full apart from a few seats in each section.

But yeah, I wouldn't worry about the weather too much, as you say there's a couple of days to get to Dublin. I'm guessing the concern would be about the ferries and getting the gear over, but shouldn't be a problem.

I hope I get back for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

got a reply from crowd surge this morning saying thta my tickets are in transit and if they dont arrive by friday morning to contact them and they will arrange for a box office collection.

Same, the tracking number they provided didn't come up with anything on TNT/An post/royal mail :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Postman has been and gone and no sign of my second ticket. Damn Crowdsurge, would it killed them to have sent both tickets in the same envelope?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

No sign of mine for the Sunday night gig. :(
    Assuming they do not arrive tomorrow either, and I e-mail Crowdsurge to cancel the mailed tickets, what happens then?. Is the Box Office area for the 02 Dublin just inside the venue or outside (ie do i need to print out something to show at the door, or could i go along with the credit card i used to pay online instead and i can collect some replacement there). I assume they'll be familiar with this sort of thing happening at the door on Sunday night.Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

This gig may be the reason I get fired from work! Exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Never using crowdsurge again, what a joke, tickets have been in the depot since yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 flynnke

No sign of mine for the Sunday night gig. :(
    Assuming they do not arrive tomorrow either, and I e-mail Crowdsurge to cancel the mailed tickets, what happens then?. Is the Box Office area for the 02 Dublin just inside the venue or outside (ie do i need to print out something to show at the door, or could i go along with the credit card i used to pay online instead and i can collect some replacement there). I assume they'll be familiar with this sort of thing happening at the door on Sunday night.Cheers

Same here. I've no choice now but to request to collect them at the venue. I'm extremely frustrated about all this messing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

anyone know if this gig is still on?
    i heard sunday night is definitely cancelled :mad:

• Advertisement

conno16 wrote: »

Say what? Where did you hear that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Got mine this morning, all separate registered envelopes as per previous posts.

None of the tickets are named, they're just standard ticketmaster tickets all allocated to 'Crowdsurge'. No receipt either, presumably Crowdsurge had one receipt for the whole lot and then separated them all into individual tickets and posted them off.

Must have cost them a fortune not bundling the tickets per order. Cost them 4 times the postage cost for my order than it should have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Not according to ticketmaster it isn't- got a source for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Why the hell would it be cancelled? Its only a bit of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

ShaneU wrote: »
    Never using crowdsurge again, what a joke, tickets have been in the depot since yesterday morning.

How is that Crowdsurges fault? Just go to the depot and pick them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

How is that Crowdsurges fault? Just go to the depot and pick them up!

It is Crowdsurge's fault because they left it so late to send out the tickets.

You need to allow extra time for unexpected events such as this.

An post told me my tickets were also in the local depot. I'm just back from the depot, and they had no idea were the tickets are. I've still no tickets.

Why would crowdsurge wait until the very last minute to send out the tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Why are you spreading unfounded rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

Sent an email to crowd surge and they changed my tickets to "collect at box office". Hope the queues are not too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭PB1982

Got my tickets today delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

I bought two tickets with Crowdsurge as well for the Sunday gig and got the email at the end of last week confirming they were despatched. My tracking number doesn't come up on the An Post website though and I tried it on the TNT site and it said they had reached the country of destination. When I logged into my Crowdsurge account just there, it said they were despatched at 4:30pm today! Does anyone know if I'll get them tomorrow?? I have to sell one of the tickets 'cause my friend doesn't need it anymore so this whole thing has been really frustrating! :(

• Advertisement

Just checked anpost.ie to see where my other ticket was and it's status yesterday was 'Return to Sender' while today it says 'Item despatched'.

What the fcuk is up with that? Both tickets have been sent to the same address, how can one get here no problem while the other gets lost along the way? Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I have to agree Crowdsurge have managed to f*ck the whole thing up so much it's unreal. Firstly waiting until the last moment to send the tickets which means anything out of the ordinary: bad weather, strike, tickets getting lost in the post can jeopardise your tickets arriving. Then the completely idiotic decision to send each ticket individually meant i had to walk an hour and a half through the snow today to the sorting office to get 3 of the 4 tickets i ordered. Presumably the other ticket will arrive tomorrow in which case i'll have to go to the sorting office again.

When this gig was announced, there was a lot of controversy about the ticket price, and Arcade Fire's manager said if anyone had any issues to email him and he'd discuss it with them. Well i'm going to email him now and tell him what a bunch of Muppets Crowdsurge are, and i suggest everone else who has an issue with them does the same.

Just got this
    Dear

We are getting in touch to give you an update on your tickets for Arcade Fire in Dublin.

Due to adverse weather conditions that are creating a delay in the delivery of your tickets for the Arcade Fire in Dublin at the O2 Arena we are working to ensure that you are able to obtain tickets by an alternative process.

Should your tickets not be delivered by Friday then your tickets will be made available for collection from the venue box office on the day of the show.

The box office at Entrance 1 will be open from 18:30 - 21:00 and please ensure that you present the following information in order to collect your tickets:

A copy of your original CrowdSurge email order confirmation stating ticket type and location.
    A copy of your Government issued photo ID - Driving License or Passport

Please be assured that if your tickets fail to be delivered you will still be able to gain entry to the show.

Thanks

CrowdSurge

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

penexpers wrote: »
    Just got this

Same here :mad: Gonna be fun queuing in the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...just got the same email... wouldn't blame crowdsurge....but I couldn't see MCD going to the same effort if the same situatition happened with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

All my friends will be at entrance 3, I don't fancy queuing by myself at entrance 1! Praying they somehow get delivered tomorrow, the weather isn't too bad in the northwest apparently :S

I hope this isn't a stupid question but does a copy of your ID/passport just mean a scanned picture of it?

My tickets are still not showing up on the An Post site so I guess I won't be getting them tomorrow. Not even sure if I will make it to the gig or not now so it might be two wasted tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aor_bmw

Where is entrance 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I hope that there'll be no problems with them getting to Ireland with the weather, airport closures/delays etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dear Shane

We are getting in touch to give you an update on your tickets for Arcade Fire in Dublin.

Due to adverse weather conditions that are creating a delay in the delivery of your tickets for the Arcade Fire in Dublin at the O2 Arena we are working to ensure that you are able to obtain tickets by an alternative process.

Should your tickets not be delivered by Friday then your tickets will be made available for collection from the venue box office on the day of the show.

The box office at Entrance 1 will be open from 18:30 - 21:00 and please ensure that you present the following information in order to collect your tickets:

A copy of your original CrowdSurge email order confirmation stating ticket type and location.
    A copy of your Government issued photo ID - Driving License or Passport

Please be assured that if your tickets fail to be delivered you will still be able to gain entry to the show.

Thanks

CrowdSurge

It's not the weathers fault they only sent the tickets a week before the show, never again.

Advertisement