Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

well wasn'y hanging around any longer today being freaked, so i got the huskies out and trecked to the depot... good hr walk. Picked up my tickets, there has been no post all week, just aswell i wasnt in wrk today or there'd be no sign of them. Major f*ck up by crowdsurge, should have had the tickets weeks ago. But alas i'll be there on suday, and am dieing for it now. :D
    good luck to all of yis and i hope everyone gets sorted and we're all on here reviewing a classic gig come monday morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Made the long trek to the depot myself this morning...

and no tickets there!

unbelievable!

Won't be using CrowdSurge again that's for sure.

Hopefully the box office collection will work out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just make sure ye all print off your email from CrowdSurge and bring some photo id.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Well my second ticket never arrived, doubt I'll be using Crowdsurge again.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

can't see the big deal here. tickets received in post or not, everybody that ordered tickets will get to go like the emakil said, they highlight it at the end of the mail.

crowdsurge do send late alright but it wouldn't put me off ordering from them again.

• Advertisement

can't see the big deal here. tickets received in post or not, everybody that ordered tickets will get to go like the emakil said, they highlight it at the end of the mail.

crowdsurge do send late alright but it wouldn't put me off ordering from them again.

Well then what was the point in sending out tickets at all if everyone can just collect them at the box office? Why did they make us pay for postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Well then what was the point in sending out tickets at all if everyone can just collect them at the box office? Why did they make us pay for postage?

fair point yeah but i guess the box office queue would be needlessly long then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

You received your tickets in time so?

It wouldnt put me off using them again, but only if I was stuck to be perfectly honest. All this bs about sending them out late to minimise touting doesn't wash with me. Ticketmaster always send tickets out with plenty of time to spare and Crowdsurge should have done the same. It's just an extra hassle that I'd rather not worry about and I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of cancelled tickets being sold outside on Sunday/Monday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

CROWDSURGE ARE LEGENDS!!!!

Ordered 3 tickets back in August
    Postman landed today with only 2 envelopes :confused:
    there was 3 tickets in 1....2 in the other!!!
    ....2 free tickets....noice!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

How many of us will be queing for crowdsurge box office collection?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the first support act on at seven?

I'll be pleasantly surprised if that half hour window between the box office opening and the event beginning will be sufficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

slickmcvic wrote: »

Nevermind!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

How many of us will be queing for crowdsurge box office collection?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the first support act on at seven?

I'll be pleasantly surprised if that half hour window between the box office opening and the event beginning will be sufficient.

I'm not too pushed about the support to be honest and I'd say plenty of people are in the same boat, but I'll head down early to collect the tickets.
    slickmcvic wrote: »

2 free and, possibly, cancelled tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Stage Times (from MCD)
    1830: Doors
    1900: Devendra Banhart
    1950: Vampire Weekend
    2120: Arcade Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

My ticket reference finally showed up on an post site - landed in dublin this morning at 8.45 - and I live in Cork!!!! I'll be joinging that queue in the snow - see ye all there
    CS it does seem have made a complete balls of it - telling us lies it would seem too as if an item of registered mail would take over a week to get from NL to Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

sammalone wrote: »
    My ticket reference finally showed up on an post site - landed in dublin this morning at 8.45 - and I live in Cork!!!! I'll be joinging that queue in the snow - see ye all there
    CS it does seem have made a complete balls of it - telling us lies it would seem too as if an item of registered mail would take over a week to get from NL to Cork?

They have fuked up alright. I got mine on Wednesday but it seems like I just got lucky. They must not have sent them all at the same time.
    How are you getting up from Cork? I was planning on driving up tomorrow (going to The National) but not so sure now. Might get the train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Saw them on Wednesday in the O2 in London. They were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

From a friend of mine in the UK, posting elsewhere:
    Regarding tickets I've just spoken to Crowdsurge on the phone. And I've arranged to pick my ticket up at the box office if it doesn't get here on time. Spoke to a very polite and helpful chap called Arthur. Clearly whoever is running the company are idiots but this gent was most helpful.

I told him about how many fans were annoyed with crowdsurge and how many issues everyone has been having and advised him to pass it on to the relevant people. I even mentioned [the message board] and said that plenty of people are thinking about actively avoiding crowdurge in the future and that their service is totally unacceptable.

Everybody who hasn't received their ticket yet for any of the UK & Ireland shows - CALL CROWDSURGE and make sure you complain too!! If you don't complain it'll just be the same story next time.

The number to call is 0845 050 8258

CALL THEM!

As I say I got a very nice gent on the phone. I just explained to him that I realised it wasn't his fault personally and then lodged my complaint and thanked him for listening. if plenty of people do this then maybe the message will get through

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Boomshakalak

Saw them on Wednesday in the O2 in London. They were great.

How long was their set?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Housemate caught the post man trying to sneak a "we called but you didn't answer" in the door (he hadn't called). Turns out he didn't even have them with him. He'd marked it as "no answer" yesterday but someone was home all day and we hadn't got a "we called... " notice so I suspect he didn't make it at all yesterday and was just covering his ass by dropping the notice today. Ridiculous! Got them from the depot but it was a 2km walk in the snow that shouldn't have been necessary.

Anyway glad we have them. I really have images of huge queues at the box office on Sunday. Make sure to be there early and have all your id/print outs etc. to hopefully keep it short for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

My An Post tracker is only showing up now. It's saying that it's in the Dublin Depot. Which I assume means it'll be for delivery for Monday. Not really any use as they're be nobody at home to sign for them. Normally I'd just head up to the Depot with the "Tried to Deliver" notice, but that'll be no use come Monday as the gig is on that night.

From the email they sent it says....
    Should your tickets not be delivered by Friday then your tickets will be made available for collection from the venue box office on the day of the show.

Does that mean that they will have duplicates at the Box Office for every ticket that they sent out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Yep I think that they will check which tickets are not delivered by the end of today and that they will send new tickets to the venue. They will cancel the tickets that are in the mail now, so even if you get them by Monday, I don't think you would be able to use them.

Just checked my tracking number again and they only arrived in Dubln today, so I would imagine that I will get them on Monday.

penexpers wrote: »
    Yep I think that they will check which tickets are not delivered by the end of today and that they will send new tickets to the venue. They will cancel the tickets that are in the mail now, so even if you get them by Monday, I don't think you would be able to use them.

Just checked my tracking number again and they only arrived in Dubln today, so I would imagine that I will get them on Monday.

Correction: I just called them and they will only cancel the tickets in the mail when you pick the tickets up at the venue. So I guess if they come in the mail then you can use those tickets, otherwise there should be duplicates at the venue, but I would advise e-mailing them to make sure.

Yep travelling up by train H8GHOTI - not taking any chances on roads in this weather. Trains seem to be running grand - at worst will be delayed by a while but should get to Hueston at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

My tickets are now in Dublin Mail Centre Dublin 12. No chance of me getting there to collect them before Sunday.
    Do I need to send a email to Crowdsurge now or just turn up with my details on Sunday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

I e-mailed crowdsurge just there, having rang an post and tracked my tickets, they told me they wouldn't arrive until at least monday (they're for sunday). Crowdsurge managed to get back to me inside a half hour, tickets are now at the box office so hopefully that'll work out ok!

My tickets are now in Dublin Mail Centre Dublin 12. No chance of me getting there to collect them before Sunday.
    Do I need to send a email to Crowdsurge now or just turn up with my details on Sunday night?

You can't pick from that location in any case, it's still not even in the local sorting office.

I would e-mail them now and get it changed to box office. Just did it there and like the other poster, they changed it very quickly.

Mine in the same spot as it seems are lots of others. We culchies have no hope of getting our hands on those tickets even if the highly efficient An Post could give us them if we called in. I think we don't have to contact CS as it looks like they telling us in email to bring the documentation if we don't get the tickets in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

I've just emailed them now. Really nervous!
    I bought my tickets with my dad's credit card. Will I be OK if I have that and the email confirmation? I've never done box office collection before so I'm a bit worried :S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Heres hoping the airport will be open for their arrival!!

• Advertisement

Crowdsurge told me that my missing ticket won't be cancelled until I collect the duplicate from the box office. The other one which somehow found its way to me will remain valid.

They also sent me a new email to print off and bring with me which says my tickets are for 'box office collection'. Hopefully all this goes off without a hitch.

Advertisement