Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

More info if anyone's interested. Emailed a complaint about them leaving it till half 6 to have the box office collection open, and about postage refunds....:
    Unfortunately, 18:30 is the earliest time that we are allowed to open the box office. We will have two Box Office windows dedicated to CrowdSurge customers to ensure that we process your collections as fast as possible.

Please let us know if your tickets do not arrive by Sunday, if this is the case then we will pass your postage refund request onto the Finance department.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BaZmO* wrote: »
    My An Post tracker is only showing up now. It's saying that it's in the Dublin Depot. Which I assume means it'll be for delivery for Monday. Not really any use as they're be nobody at home to sign for them. Normally I'd just head up to the Depot with the "Tried to Deliver" notice, but that'll be no use come Monday as the gig is on that night.

From the email they sent it says....
    Should your tickets not be delivered by Friday then your tickets will be made available for collection from the venue box office on the day of the show.

Does that mean that they will have duplicates at the Box Office for every ticket that they sent out?

Just got a reply to this.....
    You will not need to request a box office collection. If you do not receive your tickets by Monday then please come to the CrowdSurge box office at Entrance 1. We will have your tickets ready for collection either way and your physical tickets will only be cancelled at the point of collection (If you choose to collect them).

That's fair enough I suppose. Would've had the tickets by now if it hadn't of been for the bad weather and the delays in Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Crowdsurge told me that my missing ticket won't be cancelled until I collect the duplicate from the box office. The other one which somehow found its way to me will remain valid.

Here's a snippet fromtheir response to me.
    CrowdSurge wrote:
    We have now made alternative arrangements for your remaining ticket to be made available at the CrowdSurge Box Office collection point at the venue on the night of the show.

Also please note that the original hard-copy tickets we sent you in the post have now been made void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

L'prof wrote: »
    Here's a snippet fromtheir response to me.

They told me the same, that any tickets that had been sent to me in the post had been voided, but when I asked them to clarify this they said the tickets wouldn't be cancelled until I picked up a duplicate from the box office. They also told me to bring the ticket that I have because it will remain valid, unless I collect it's duplicate from the box office.

Bit confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

I don't know what to do now. I can't use the credit card instead of the photo ID to collect the tickets and there's no possible way my dad can go to the O2 just to collect them.

I'm really stumped now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sounds Familyre

is their a pit in the O2?
    Can you get a wristband for it if you go early?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Had to go down to the sorting office to get mine.

I don't know what to do now. I can't use the credit card instead of the photo ID to collect the tickets and there's no possible way my dad can go to the O2 just to collect them.

I'm really stumped now. :(

Are the tickets not in your name? I used someone else's credit card to buy my tickets but the email they sent me to present at the box office still has my own name on it.

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Are the tickets not in your name? I used someone else's credit card to buy my tickets but the email they sent me to present at the box office still has my own name on it.

Nope, I seem to have used his name back when I bought them. It must've been when I entered the delivery address I used his 'cause I wasn't sure if you had to have the same name on the address as the card. Do you think Crowdsurge might be able to change it to my name or would it be stupid to even bother asking?

Nope, I seem to have used his name back when I bought them. It must've been when I entered the delivery address I used his 'cause I wasn't sure if you had to have the same name on the address as the card. Do you think Crowdsurge might be able to change it to my name or would it be stupid to even bother asking?

Couldn't hurt sending them an email telling them your name and saying you'll be the one collecting the tickets. Shouldn't be a big deal.

• Advertisement

Do you think Crowdsurge might be able to change it to my name or would it be stupid to even bother asking?
    You don't really have a choice. Of course you should ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 flynnke

is their a pit in the O2?
    Can you get a wristband for it if you go early?

There was no pit for the Rage and Pearl Jam gigs during the summer, so I would assume there wouldnt be one for Arcade Fire either.

Just sent a message now asking them. Fingers crossed!!

Update: They replied saying it was fine for me to collect them 'cause we share the same surname. Phew, huge weight off my shoulders now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 niamhr

Wondering if anyone can help me out with some advice....as i live in cork its looking unlikely the roads will be travellable on sunday for the gig, whatever about the way up but coming back to cork that night especially...have an exam at 10am the next morning so do need to come home that night after the gig - if we were to chance driving up, parking at red cow and getting the luas into the point, is there a risk the luas might not be running after the gig to get us back to our car at the red cow? Really dont want to miss this gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Niamh, there is a risk. I think the Luas stopped early last night but there has been a slight thaw tonight in Dublin. Check and see how the Luas runs tonight and tomorrow. You could always get a taxi if the Luas doesn't run. It will cost you though.

Thanks a million....will keep an eye on things for the next few days and hopefully weather improves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Another dissatisfied CrowdSurge customer here - what a shambles. Going to the Monday show, but according to the An Post tracker the tickets only arrived in the country today. They'll probably attempt delivery on Monday (when I'm in work), and no guarantee that both tickets will arrive together, so it looks like I'll be queuing up with the hordes for collection at the O2.

In the past I'd just brush this rubbish off, but forcing me (and my pregnant wife) to queue up (hopefully indoors) for something that should have been delivered months ago is not on. It just smacks of "don't worry, these kids won't cause a fuss about crap service" - even TM wouldn't pull this stunt.

I'll be demanding the £5.44 postage charge back too, just on principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

How long was their set?

Spread over their 3 albums. I'll not say much more in case people don't want to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Spread over their 3 albums. I'll not say much more in case people don't want to know.

If you really want to know check www.setlist.fm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

That's fair enough I suppose. Would've had the tickets by now if it hadn't of been for the bad weather and the delays in Dublin Airport.

...and Crowdsurge not sending them out on time. You had a go at us all a week ago calling us moaners for having issue with the tickets not being despatched on time. Feel free to apologise any time. :rolleyes:

I'm fortunate enough to have been able to collect the tickets. Here are some interesting facts about the Crowdsurge tickets. Other than saying Crowdsurge on the side the tickets are identical to any other ticket you get from Ticketmaster... as in they are Ticketmaster printed tickets! So Crowdsurge basically had to go to Ticketmaster to get the tickets printed in the end.. how the hell does that work?

Also of interest are they were printed on Nov 17th. So they could have sent them out a lot sooner. Obviously I like anti-tout measures but I don't like ones that cause hassle for legitimate purchasers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

sammalone wrote: »
    Yep travelling up by train H8GHOTI - not taking any chances on roads in this weather. Trains seem to be running grand - at worst will be delayed by a while but should get to Hueston at least!
    My train yesterday to Dublin was delayed by over an hour. Once we were on the way we were fine though. I think the points somewhere had frozen so that was the reason. I don't think many trains were delayed. So yes, you should be fine.
    niamhr wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone can help me out with some advice....as i live in cork its looking unlikely the roads will be travellable on sunday for the gig, whatever about the way up but coming back to cork that night especially...have an exam at 10am the next morning so do need to come home that night after the gig - if we were to chance driving up, parking at red cow and getting the luas into the point, is there a risk the luas might not be running after the gig to get us back to our car at the red cow? Really dont want to miss this gig!

It's thawing in Dublin it seems. I usually drive up at the weekend but I got a train this week and was collected from the station. The roads were fine. Temperatures on the drive home were about 2-3 degrees. No ice or snow on the car this morning and I can hear water dripping outside so I presume the snow/ice is melting from the roof. Keep an eye on the weather/AA/NRA websites. The taxis will be running so you should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

In case anyone missed them MCD sent a mail around with the times. People who don't want spoilers should avoid the mail as they oddly also sent around a setlist from their Munich show as well.

1830: Doors
    1900: Devendra Banhart
    1950: Vampire Weekend
    2120: Arcade Fire

janeybabe wrote: »
    It's thawing in Dublin it seems. I usually drive up at the weekend but I got a train this week and was collected from the station. The roads were fine. Temperatures on the drive home were about 2-3 degrees. No ice or snow on the car this morning and I can hear water dripping outside so I presume the snow/ice is melting from the roof. Keep an eye on the weather/AA/NRA websites. The taxis will be running so you should be okay.

Great news thanks, hopefully the "good" weather holds out till tomorrow night!

Toast wrote: »
    ...and Crowdsurge not sending them out on time. You had a go at us all a week ago calling us moaners for having issue with the tickets not being despatched on time. Feel free to apologise any time. :rolleyes:
    Haha. Apologise for what? You got your tickets and you're still moaning.

Weather wise it's been the worst snowfall in 30 years, and the worst November in God knows how long. The tickets have been made available at the box office, so what's the big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Crowdsurge, what a pile of ****. Luckily my tickets arrived on Friday... cutting it fine for Sunday night tho'

I don't know why they left it so late to ship them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Haha. Apologise for what? You got your tickets and you're still moaning.

Weather wise it's been the worst snowfall in 30 years, and the worst November in God knows how long. The tickets have been made available at the box office, so what's the big deal.

You don't think they they should/could have been sent out a week or two earlier and can't see that queueing up and collecting tickets from the box office is an unnecessary hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

For those traveling from outside Dublin let me give you the following advice.
    Last night the Luas was only back up and running 45mins before the opening times of the doors but had a major delay afterwards getting back into the point station with everyone waiting to go home

If your coming from the south the quickest way is to drive directly onto the M50 northbound.At the end of the M50 take the route sign posted city centre and follow the motorway into the port tunnel.Coming out of the port tunnel stay in the outside lane until you come to the second set of lights with the point village car park clearly sign posted ,take the right turn and then turn left into the car park.When you get your ticket from the machine going in look for the man nearby with the high vis coat.he will swap your ticket for a special ticket that costs a tenner.This ticket is a prepaid ticket to get you out quicker back into the tunnel and home .Total cost is €22.00 which is the tolls and the car park.Total travel time from the red cow interchange is 14 mins (I did it last night)and its quicker that using the Luas.If there are 4 people in the car coming from cork its only the same price as the luas and your back on the M7 quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭troops

anyone know of any post gig events on anywhere sunday?

L'prof wrote: »
    You don't think they they should/could have been sent out a week or two earlier and can't see that queueing up and collecting tickets from the box office is an unnecessary hassle?

Of course its a hassle, but it's not the end of the world either. As I've already said, the weather hasn't helped and at least they've offered an alternative.

• Advertisement

Did everyone get this email?
    Hello

We are contacting you with regards to your Arcade Fire tickets for the Sunday 5th December show.

Further to the email instruction sent to you on Thursday 2nd December, If you have received GENERAL ADMISSION STANDING TICKETS IN THE MAIL please be aware that they are NOT VALID FOR USE.

You will be required to go to the CrowdSurge Box Office on the night of the show to exchange your tickets for VALID replacements.

You will be able to collect your GENERAL ADMISSION STANDING TICKETS from the CrowdSurge Box Office situated at Entrance 1. The CrowdSurge Box Office will be open from 17:00-21:00.

We apologise for this inconvenience, but this will ensure that you gain entry to the show as per your ticket purchase.

Kind regards,

CrowdSurge

Nice to know the box office is opening at 5, I feel a little better about collecting them now.

Advertisement