Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Did everyone get this email?

Nice to know the box office is opening at 5, I feel a little better about collecting them now.

WTH?? What was the point in sending out tickets and charging postage then?? This is just beyond ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

tomissex wrote: »
    WTH?? What was the point in sending out tickets and charging postage then?? This is just beyond ridiculous.

Did you receive that email too?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Got that email too. CrowdSurge made a right @rse of this.

At a guess, the only reason for them doing this is that the Organisers dont know who received / did not receive the tickets. Enterprising people might go up to ticket booth get additional tickets and sell the ones they received in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

But it's only standing tickets. If they didn't know who got tickets and who didn't then everyone who bought tickets would have to queue.

Meh, I have to queue either way. My tickets didn't arrive.

manster wrote: »
    Got that email too. CrowdSurge made a right @rse of this.

At a guess, the only reason for them doing this is that the Organisers dont know who received / did not receive the tickets. Enterprising people might go up to ticket booth get additional tickets and sell the ones they received in the post.

If they don't know who did or did not receive tickets then those enterprising people could still sell on the tickets they got in the post and then go up and collect the duplicates from the box office claiming they never arrived in the first place. So I don't think thats the reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

If they don't know who did or did not receive tickets then those enterprising people could still sell on the tickets they got in the post and then go up and collect the duplicates from the box office claiming they never arrived in the first place. So I don't think thats the reason.

The poor unfortunates that do buy those tickets won't get in as a new type of ticket will be issued at the ticket booths. The Organisers need to get the correct number of people in for Health & Safety reasons. So they will get a that by forcing everyone to the ticket booth to collect new tickets.

manster wrote: »
    The poor unfortunates that do buy those tickets won't get in as a new type of ticket will be issued at the ticket booths. The Organisers need to get the correct number of people in for Health & Safety reasons. So they will get a that by forcing everyone to the ticket booth to collect new tickets.

Well Crowdsurge told me a few days ago that collecting the replacement tickets would cause the old ones to be cancelled. So I still don't see how that could be the reason as no matter what happened people who bought Crowdsurge tickets second-hand would always see them cancelled if the person who sold them to them went up and got replacement tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Did everyone get this email?

I just got the email to say that I need to collect my ticket at the box office, yeah, even though I already got my ticket in the mail.

I was like their only satisfied customer for this show, and now I've no idea if the ticket I've got in my hand is valid. *facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bold_defender

argentum wrote: »
    Coming out of the port tunnel stay in the outside lane until you come to the second set of lights with the point village car park clearly sign posted ,take the right turn and then turn left into the car park.When you get your ticket from the machine going in look for the man nearby with the high vis coat.he will swap your ticket for a special ticket that costs a tenner.This ticket is a prepaid ticket to get you out quicker back into the tunnel and home .Total cost is €22.00 which is the tolls and the car park.

Sounds great as want to get in and out quick as we have new baby at home. What are the chances of this car being full as only intending to go down for start of Vampire Weekend, so maybe arriving about 7:30pm. How does the getting out of car park quick work, do you get to park on a lower level? Is it even a multistory?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

I'm heading up for the Monday gig, any post gig stuff on.

• Advertisement

Was gonna pick up tickets for this for 2mrw on toutless....but id be a bit weary now seeing as their is a load of tickets floating about that wont be valid.
    If they were bought from ticketmaster though i presume they should be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I was told by CS that my ticket that arrived yesterday is valid, even after they had changed it to collection at the box office... now this email arrives...... seriously, this makes Ticketmaster look like a great operation!

What about people who bought a ticket and dont look online etc who just rock up to the gate and are told their ticket is not valid and they have no ID etc?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I sold the two tickets i had to a friend of mine, i presume he can just go and get the tickets exchanged at the ticket office? He won't need my ID or credit card?

I mean i'm sure i'm not the only one to have bought tickets to this, decided i couldn't go and then sold them on. It's just this Crowdsurge company are so inept, i'm beginning to doubt everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Was gonna pick up tickets for this for 2mrw on toutless....but id be a bit weary now seeing as their is a load of tickets floating about that wont be valid.
    If they were bought from ticketmaster though i presume they should be ok?

Theoretically they should be. Our advice is to always get enough info on the person you are buying off that if there is an issue you can track them back. The Crowdsurge tickets look identical to the Ticketmaster tickets except for saying CROWDSURGE on the side. I honestly do not know what to make of this latest mail as it is ludicrous and does not make sense in relation to the mail they sent earlier in the week as they claim. I'll call them in the morning and see what they're at. The sensible thing to do would be to issue the same barcode for the collection and the delivery for each person. That way if it is delivered or collected it can only be used once.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Haha. Apologise for what? You got your tickets and you're still moaning.

Weather wise it's been the worst snowfall in 30 years, and the worst November in God knows how long. The tickets have been made available at the box office, so what's the big deal.

Well I'm totally going on gut feeling so I'm happy to admit that I may be wrong. However right now I feel many people are going to be confused and delayed by the decisions made by Crowdsurge with regards to these tickets at the O2 tonight. I do feel that had the tickets been delivered on time, which by the companies own reckoning should have been 14 days prior to the event.. not 5 which means the weather shouldn't have been an issue, things would have gone smoother.

If everything goes smooth and everyone is happy tonight and sees all the bands they've paid for without unnecessary waiting around in the cold etc. then I'll be very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

FOR ****S SAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

I got my tickets from toutless and can I just say I am VERY EXCITEDDDDDD!!!!!!!

Roll on tonight :D:D:D

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I sold the two tickets i had to a friend of mine, i presume he can just go and get the tickets exchanged at the ticket office? He won't need my ID or credit card?

I mean i'm sure i'm not the only one to have bought tickets to this, decided i couldn't go and then sold them on. It's just this Crowdsurge company are so inept, i'm beginning to doubt everything.

The original tickets have very little info on them so I'm not sure how they're going to confirm your tickets relate to yours at the box office. I'd give him every bit of info you can. I'm trying to find a contact number for these jokers to confirm what is going on.

Edit: Here is a bit I wrote up on what is going on for Toutless users. I've tried to call Crowdsurge but there is no answer. I've a ticket logged as well for more info but nothing yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

WTF? How hard is it to issue fcukin tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

My understanding is

- Unless you specifically ask for box office collection, the tickets in the mail will still be valid.
    - If you ask for box office collection, they will cancel your tickets in the mail.
    - Even if you don't ask for box office collection, they will still have duplicate tickets for you at the box office. When you pick these up, this cancels the mailed out tickets. If you have received tickets in the mail and have not asked for box office collection then the tickets you have now are still valid and you do not need to go to the box office.

I got through to them on 0044 845 050 8258

• Advertisement

penexpers wrote: »
    My understanding is

- Unless you specifically ask for box office collection, the tickets in the mail will still be valid.

Their mail contradicts that
    If you have received GENERAL ADMISSION STANDING TICKETS IN THE MAIL please be aware that they are NOT VALID FOR USE.

You will be required to go to the CrowdSurge Box Office on the night of the show to exchange your tickets for VALID replacements.

penexpers wrote: »
    My understanding is

- If you ask for box office collection, they will cancel your tickets in the mail.
    - Even if you don't ask for box office collection, they will still have duplicate tickets for you at the box office. When you pick these up, this cancels the mailed out tickets. If you have received tickets in the mail and have not asked for box office collection then the tickets you have now are still valid and you do not need to go to the box office.

I got through to them on 0044 845 050 8258

Did they confirm the above on the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Toast wrote: »
    Did they confirm the above on the phone?

I asked them if I got my tickets in the mail on Monday (for Monday's show) would they still be valid and they said yes they would be, but in the event they didn't arrive on Monday that there would be tickets at the box office for me in any case (as in I didn't have to ask for box office collection). In the end I decided to just ask for box office collection.

I never got the e-mail that said that tickets sent out in the mail were no longer valid.

EDIT: sorry I did get this when I asked for box office collection (I decided to just end the confusion and resigned myself to picking up at the box office)
    Also please note that the original hard-copy tickets we sent you in the post have now been made void.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Oh ****ing no. This is going to be a disaster of a thread over the ticket fiasco!

Oh well to all going tonight/tomorrow I hope you have the gig of the year but if there is some hassle or problems just remember there will probably be 100's of other people in the same boat as you and to try and keep the head and get it sorted in as quickly and hassle free manner as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

My understanding of the situation is that it's as layed out by penexpers' post, but only for seated tickets. If you bought general admission tickets you have to pick them up at the Box Office regardless of whether or not you've received them in the post, as the tickets received will be cancelled.

I'd imagine the reason for this is that it'll stop people selling tickets they've received and then going to the box office for more. With seated tickets people would be less likely to do this because the people they sold it to would be in their seat. This is not a problem with general admission tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 worm_tongue

What time do people expect Vampire Weekend to come stage? I'm working till 7 so wont be at the O2 till 8.

> You will need to collect your tickets from the box office this evening
    > as your current tickets are now invalid
    >
    > We have now made alternative arrangements for your ticket(s) to be made
    > available at the CrowdSurge Box Office collection point at the venue on
    > the night of the show. The CrowdSurge Box Office is situated at Entrance
    > 1 of the venue and tickets will be available from 18:30 to 21:00.
    >
    > Please ensure you provide the following information in order to collect
    > your ticket(s) at the venue:
    >
    > A copy of the email confirmation that we have recently sent to you.
    > Your Government issued photo identification - Driving License or
    > Passport.
    >
    > Please be aware that the name on the identification must match that
    > shown on the order confirmation. Also please note that the original
    > hard-copy tickets we sent you in the post have now been made void.

Above from crowdsurge. I'm going back to them on the opening times for the box office as this contradicts their other mail.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The original tickets have very little info on them so I'm not sure how they're going to confirm your tickets relate to yours at the box office. I'd give him every bit of info you can. I'm trying to find a contact number for these jokers to confirm what is going on.

Edit: Here is a bit I wrote up on what is going on for Toutless users. I've tried to call Crowdsurge but there is no answer. I've a ticket logged as well for more info but nothing yet.

Hope you don't mind but i copied the toutless post and stuck it on the
    OP here.

Thanks as ever for the hard work

Above from crowdsurge. I'm going back to them on the opening times for the box office as this contradicts their other mail.

Their latest mail says the box office is open at 5, I'll be arriving in Dublin at around 4 so I'm going down to the O2 at 5 anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

What time do people expect Vampire Weekend to come stage? I'm working till 7 so wont be at the O2 till 8.

Your in luck
    1830: Doors
    1900 Devendra Banhart
    1950 Vampire Weekend
    2120 Arcade Fire

Advertisement