Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

No problem. I've updating it a bit to make it clear so far this only appears to apply to Sunday Standing tickets. One of our mods had seated tickets and crowdsurge confirmed there is no problem with these. Don't know if they'll do the same with the Monday tickets yet. Anyone with a Monday Standing Crowdsurge ticket let us know if you get the mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'd imagine that they are trying to stagger the queues by giving out an earlier opening time to those with standing tickets.

I have seated tickets (well, I have a confirmation email for them!) and I'll be in for around 5.30 hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

really looking forward to them aswell as vampire weekend. what time would it be over at would you say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Crowdsurge support have replied to my query to say the box office will be open at 5pm. I'm going to try get down there for then and see what the story is. Not much else that can be done till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Forgot my "government ID", they better see sense and accept my student ID!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

What a bunch of ****ing jokers these crowdsurge are. Never, ever again will I use them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭gravity12

ricero wrote: »
    really looking forward to them aswell as vampire weekend. what time would it be over at would you say

I think the O2 curfew is 11 o'clock. From reading on another site, they finished at around ten to eleven in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Anyone know where would the closest spot to the O2 to leave a car would be?!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Anyone hazard a guess as to what the market will be like for.second hand tickets. Have a few friends going so.I'm.gona head down to.the.venue.and try and pick up.a standing ticket. All this talk of cancelled/invalid tickets is making me have.second thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I've a seated ticket but its not beside my two mates who are seated in a different section. I'm in Block A, dunno which block they are in but its not the same unfortunately.
    Is there any way i can see the gig with them, is there an area once you get into the seated section that we could watch the gig (standing presumably) without taking our individual seats?. Presumably the security staff won't let us into the standing section.
    Obviously we tried to get tickets together, just ended up having to buy 2 seperately then an extra third ticket :(
    cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I've a seated ticket but its not beside my two mates who are seated in a different section. I'm in Block A, dunno which block they are in but its not the same unfortunately.
    Is there any way i can see the gig with them, is there an area once you get into the seated section that we could watch the gig (standing presumably) without taking our individual seats?. Presumably the security staff won't let us into the standing section.
    Obviously we tried to get tickets together, just ended up having to buy 2 seperately then an extra third ticket :(
    cheers.

Seating isn't sold out so I'd suggest taking your own seats and when the gig starts just move to a group of seats together. I just put 3 tickets into ticketmaster and got 3 together so there will big enough gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Once you dont sit in someone elses seat, you should be ok to sit near them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Anyone hazard a guess as to what the market will be like for.second hand tickets. Have a few friends going so.I'm.gona head down to.the.venue.and try and pick up.a standing ticket. All this talk of cancelled/invalid tickets is making me have.second thoughts

Just be very careful if you're buying a second hand standing ticket. More so than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

tomissex wrote: »
    Seating isn't sold out so I'd suggest taking your own seats and when the gig starts just move to a group of seats together. I just put 3 tickets into ticketmaster and got 3 together so there will big enough gaps.

Cheers, looking at the map it turns out they are in a section at the other side of the stage to me, i'm in section A, hopefully we can float freely enough between sections and find 3 together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Any reports back from people at the box office yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Just a heads up for anyone planning to get a bus home after this tonight, Dublin Bus have said all buses will stop running at 9pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Picking up CS tix is handy enough, there's a quick dedicated queue. They asked for ID for box office collection tickets, but not for reissuing tickets that had been received and then cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Picking up CS tix is handy enough, there's a quick dedicated queue. They asked for ID for box office collection tickets, but not for reissuing tickets that had been received and then cancelled.

And that's that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

well that was a mess. better off getting to the point early as i was put into 3 difeerent queues, refused entry went into antoher queue and finally let in. scanner twice refused me. had to plead my case. in now anyway. advice for tomorrow come early!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

**** you win, if I wanted to stand I would have bought a standing ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Just home now.

What did everyone think?

I loved it anyway. THey had me at No cars go to be honest.

I did have a couple of spare seats around me (Crowdsurge tickets) so i'd imagine some didn't make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Warning to those going Monday ...Q for your tickets early if you wish to see any of the support acts. "CrowdSurge" only had 2 staff members on site:mad: One for those with tickets and one for e.mails.

The "Crowdsurge" Q was the biggest on the night 40mins for me ..It must have been longer for others.

ps.(well done to the O2 staff on their handling a problem not of their making )

Great Gig by the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Well contrary to what the email said, my tickets were valid, thank god I got to skip that queue. Gig was amazing, so much better than oxygen. Did people who got tickets in the mail need to exchange them? They let me straight through

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Great gig, vampire weekend were a top class support act, had to queue about 15 mins for crowdsurge ticket, 10 mins of that out in the cold which isn't bad compared to what other people had to endure, was there any band merchandise for sale? Couldn't see any..

Yeah there were shirts on sale for 25 euro at the back wall

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Arrived late at 7pm. Nobody in the queue at enterance 3, just walked straight in. :D First time I've seen them live, excellent gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

ShaneU wrote: »
    Yeah there were shirts on sale for 25 euro at the back wall

I couldn't believe the nerve of the con artists outside telling me that the shirts inside were €35! Stuck to my guns and bought one inside. On the website they are about €20 with P&P.

I couldn't believe the nerve of the con artists outside telling me that the shirts inside were €35! Stuck to my guns and bought one inside. On the website they are about €20 with P&P.

Were they the people selling those crappy looking shirts for €10?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Born_to_Hula

Hello,

Was at the gig tonight, it was great! unfortunatly my girlfriend lost her wallet, does anyone know if there is a lost and found for the o2?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but any help would be much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

Wow, everything worked out perfectly, it was unbelievable! Got there at 5, asked about the box office, was directed to it, queued for a few minutes, went in got tickets no bother, went back out to my friend, started queuing at entrance 1, security guy came along and asked for Crowdsurge people to come out, my friend and I were the only ones to come out, got put in a new queue right beside the box office entrance 'cause the guy heard a rumour that we'd be let in early, waited in the freezing cold for over an hour, got led around the side ahead of the main queue, got inside the arena, walked to the barrier, spotted my friends who had to queue at entrance 3, got barrier in front of the small platform thingy in front of the stage where I got to touch Win's leg a few times. UNBELIEVABLE! I can't believe how fantastic everything worked out, completely unexpected to get barrier :eek:. The Crowdsurge mess up wasn't so bad after all for me (except for the few stressful hours the other day).

Arcade Fire is the best live band I've ever seen :D

Advertisement