Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Similar story. Got there at five, the Crowdsurge ticket pick up took about ten minutes at most, sounds like I was one of the lucky ones because I hear the CS stuff was an absolute mess later on. And it was freezing out there, so that could not have been funny.

Thought the show was amazing though. Setlist was a bit predictable, but I've seen that band around half a dozen times, and I think they might have been on the best form ever they were. Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I seriously can't wait now! I'm in Block E so not affected by the CS antics.

What was the ground like outside the Point? Was it very icey. I think I'll have to go in my boots.

Does anyone think the buses will be curtailed again at 9pm? If so then its the two Luas lines for me.

Is vampire weekend any good? I'm thinking of skipping the supporting acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Banhart is a bit bland, but Vampire Weekend are perfectly agreeable jaunty fun live. They do attract a fairly squealy hardcore fangirl audience, but they'll all be standing up the front, so you'll be at a safe distance.

The ground was a bit frosty, but it's alright so long as you don't run anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Hello,

Was at the gig tonight, it was great! unfortunatly my girlfriend lost her wallet, does anyone know if there is a lost and found for the o2?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but any help would be much appreciated!

You could check the concierge desk, but as you've already left try giving the O2 a ring. There's no official lost and found that I'm aware of (work there sometimes but for an outside company, not for the folks who run the building so not much help sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Only had to queue for a few minutes to get the Crowdsurge tickets. We had plenty of time to head off for food then and we got back 10 minutes before Vampire Weekend started.

Arcade Fire were brilliant. It only took one song for me to decide that they were much better than they were in Madison Square Garden. I think the crowd made it tbh. Much much better atmosphere.

If you're driving, the convention centre has a car park. It was empty last night and it's only about a 5 minute walk to the O2. Flat rate of €9 from half 5 to midnight when they close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Had to queue for around 40 mins which was not nice but we got in just in time to see Vampire Weekend kick off.
    Great nite once i warmed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I picked up my tickets without much hassle at 5 but my brother and my mate got caught in a 40 minute queue for their Crowdsurge tickets after arriving around 7.45. Both missed pretty much all of the support. Banhart was nothing special but Vampire Weekend were great.

Have to say I went in to Arcade Fire with a bit of a seen them too many times head on me but they quickly changed my mind on that one. Setlist was fairly different from other gigs this tour and you could tell they actually cared about being back in Ireland referencing the Electric Picnic gig a couple of times. They got rid of the frankly awful Month of May second song which helped a lot. The only other down song would have been Modern Man (not a bad song but the one everyone chose to head to the toilets/bar on). Crown of Love was a welcome addition back to the setlist and despite being fairly well worn the Powers Out/Lies combo sounded as good as it did when I first saw them. One of the few times I'd actually consider going to the second night.

Edit: I said I'd update our twitter account yesterday from site but apparently twitter changed their number without telling me. Just realised that. Sorry!

Edit 2: Can anyone let me know if they bought standing Crowdsurge tickets today if they got the same message as the Sunday users about them being voided or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

janeybabe wrote: »
    Arcade Fire were brilliant. It only took one song for me to decide that they were much better than they were in Madison Square Garden. I think the crowd made it tbh. Much much better atmosphere.

Totally agree with you here. They seem to really feed off the crowds energy, they weren't half as energetic at Madison Sq Garden...different crowd in America I guess. They were smiling the whole way through the gig last night, seemed like they didn't want to leave the stage at the end! Great band. The indoor venue suited them much better than Oxegen in the summer..the O2 was like a surround sound choir it was really amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

What time did Arcade Fire come on stage last night?
    Heading to the gig tonight but i'm not that bothered seeing the support so i don't want to get there too early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭jaydigity

Anyone take down the setlist?

• Advertisement

kennyu272 wrote: »
    What time did Arcade Fire come on stage last night?
    Heading to the gig tonight but i'm not that bothered seeing the support so i don't want to get there too early.

Just after 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Toast wrote: »
    They got rid of the frankly awful Month of May second song which helped a lot.

They did play this as far as I rem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

09:20 actually

great show - excellent live, prob the best in the business
    now that they've moved on from the neon bible stage its all good
    funeral is one of the greatest albums of all time imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They did play this as far as I rem?

They did. It was the second song. I meant they got it out of the way a lot earlier than they had been. It was usually being played towards the last third of the gig and had been dragging the sets I felt. They seem to love it so it isn't getting dropped from the setlist any time soon but it was better to have it where it was last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Fantastic gig last night, first time seeing them live

Found a set of keys after the gig with a USB key, a Tom Dunne loyalty card and a Tesco clubcard. USB key has some wedding photos, and a best man's speech. If anyone owns this or knows someone who does, pm me and we'll arrange to meet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Fantastic gig last night, first time seeing them live

Found a set of keys after the gig with a USB key, a Tom Dunne loyalty card and a Tesco clubcard. USB key has some wedding photos, and a best man's speech. If anyone owns this or knows someone who does, pm me and we'll arrange to meet

Contact Tesco. They'll use the Clubcard number to find out who owns it.

Contact Tesco. They'll use the Clubcard number to find out who owns it.
    thanks, will do. There's a number on the key actually
    just on the off chance someone on boards knows who owns them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Anyone tell me what time it was finished at last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The pictures up on MCD's Facebook page look great.

Got my CS tickets this morning. :) Don't have to queue now! :)

• Advertisement

penexpers wrote: »
    Anyone tell me what time it was finished at last night?

about 10:50 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Totally agree with you here. They seem to really feed off the crowds energy, they weren't half as energetic at Madison Sq Garden...different crowd in America I guess. They were smiling the whole way through the gig last night, seemed like they didn't want to leave the stage at the end! Great band. The indoor venue suited them much better than Oxegen in the summer..the O2 was like a surround sound choir it was really amazing.

Agreed. I went to the second night in New York and the crowd was a bit odd at times.

Really enjoyed that gig, so much energy within the place. Giving serious thought to going again tonight if I can pick up a couple of last minute tickets cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Minimal hassle with cs in the end collected about 6.30. Will avoid using again though nothing will replace the time lost with multiple checks of the tracking, contacting home to check the mail etc.

Tickets aside then thought the gig was great. Got one of those blueroom bands on arrival and enjoyed a couple of drinks before heading out for vampire weekend. Thought they where better and crowd was more up for it then when I saw them as the main act earlier in the year.

Picked an unfortunate time though 9.20 to get to the bathroom and after this could not get back to my friend which was kinda annoying. I was with as we where fairly front and center and it was rammed and spent quite a few songs looking around.

AF themselves where great though so much energy and so much different/better to the Dalhalla gig early in the year though perhaps not as good as the Phoenix park in 07. Helps having actually listened to the 3rd album before seeing though! Thought the crowd was great also!

[edit]My tickets for last nights gig just arrived. Yay![/edit]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Epic show last night and what a way to end a week of gigs that included Interpol and The National. Myself and a friend were 5 rows from the front standing. He had a crowd surge ticket and only found out this morning the issue with the tickets as he walked in with me and had no problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Bit off topic but def leppard had 3 support acts and the break down was
    Doors: 5pm
    Tesla: 5.45pm
    Journey: 6.45pm
    Whitesnake: 8pm
    Def Leppard: 10pm
    So i'd imagine it would be similar for this.

The Doors warmed up for Def Leppard :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Hello,

Was at the gig tonight, it was great! unfortunatly my girlfriend lost her wallet, does anyone know if there is a lost and found for the o2?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but any help would be much appreciated!

There is a company that looks after all lost property thats found/handed in at the venue its at www.wefoundit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

We went in the back entrance. There's about 6 lorry containers that are a make-shift entrance.
    I was wondering if anyone knows if this is
    a. temporary
    b. tongue in check/art statement with refernce to The Docks or just cheap?

BTW- what's the story with having an O2 shop in the venue, is anyone really going to buy a phone at a gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

dinneenp wrote: »
    We went in the back entrance. There's about 6 lorry containers that are a make-shift entrance.
    I was wondering if anyone knows if this is
    a. temporary
    b. tongue in check/art statement with refernce to The Docks or just cheap?

BTW- what's the story with having an O2 shop in the venue, is anyone really going to buy a phone at a gig?

Its just cheap. It is a wind brake for the Sunday market . It started with one and grown.
    I cant believe Harry did it . In between his brand new Hotel and the Point.

great gig last night. Looking forward to tonight as well

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

ShaneU wrote: »
    Were they the people selling those crappy looking shirts for €10?

Yeah, anyone can make a crappy t-shirt, just that it annoyed me when they lied to everyone who passed to shift their shoddy cheap merch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Serious dose of manflu means that after all the hassle about tickets, I shant be going.

Advertisement