Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Fantastic gig last night, first time seeing them live

Found a set of keys after the gig with a USB key, a Tom Dunne loyalty card and a Tesco clubcard. USB key has some wedding photos, and a best man's speech. If anyone owns this or knows someone who does, pm me and we'll arrange to meet

i think those tom dunne cards have numbers too, so newstalk may be able to help you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Queued for my CS tickets at around 5.40, took about ten minutes (I got mine in the post so I brought those with me...the only difference was that Entrance 3 changed to Entrance 1 which was grand cos we just hopped in the queue when we got outside)

The gig itself was fantastic. I was up at the barrier for the whole night which I wasn't expecting! Devendra and Vampire Weekend were great supports, had some fellow Devendra fans next to me which was quite nice. But, as someone mentioned, had some screaming girls behind me for VW ("OMG he's so gorgeous!!" right in my ear for the whole set)
    AF were amazing! It was my first time seeing them and I was blown away. They had so much energy, I was really impressed! Would've loved them to play 'City With No Children' but ah well! Pretty sure Régine smiled at me a few times so I'm happy :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Wow, what a gig. Vampire Weekend have really grown up as a live act since I saw them last - and they turned out to be an ideal warm-up from the cold outside :)
    Its obvious Win and the Band see something in "Month of May" that I don't. Was also surprised he chose this song to request the seated audience to stand. It was a lot easier for the crowed to oblige him when they moved onto "Laika".

I have to admit I went in thinking I don't like the venue - but left on a high after perhaps the most entertaining 100 minutes of live music I've ever or perhaps will ever witness again. Also thought Regine did pretty well with Sprawl II after a magical performance of Haiti. The band and the crowd made the night - thank you all for a very special night! Debating now can I afford to go again tonight.

As for the containers out the back - Harry owns a shipping container business and has got planning permision to eventually completely enclose the market in the containers. I actually think its pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

i think those tom dunne cards have numbers too, so newstalk may be able to help you too.
    There's a id number on the Tom Dunne card alright.
    I've contacted tesco, they said to hand it in at my nearest branch (Blanchardstown) and they'll do what they can to return it to the owner

According to theo2's website they deal with wefoundit - http://www.wefoundit.ie/ - for lost and found items.

They're not too far away either so I might drop them in there

As always, push it out there on twitter and facebook that I have a set of keys if anyone you know lost some

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bambi2

Hi, with the snow and all that jazz I think I'm going to bus it from Dundalk to dublin tonight, can anyone tell me what time it was over last night? pretty please!!

• Advertisement

Bambi2 wrote: »
    Hi, with the snow and all that jazz I think I'm going to bus it from Dundalk to dublin tonight, can anyone tell me what time it was over last night? pretty please!!
    finished at 10:50
    Luas was still running, but precious few taxis when I got back into town

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maureengh

Was there a pit last night that you need to get there early to get in? Any info on this would be appreciated.

maureengh wrote: »
    Was there a pit last night that you need to get there early to get in? Any info on this would be appreciated.

Nope, no pit! I was queuing from 5.50 and was at the very front.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭smartblaa

can anyone tell me what time Vampire Weekend went onstage last night?
    Goin tonight, don't want to be too early.. but don't want to miss em! :)

smartblaa wrote: »
    can anyone tell me what time Vampire Weekend went onstage last night?
    Goin tonight, don't want to be too early.. but don't want to miss em! :)

I think it was about 7.50 when they came on last night. I remember checking the time at 7.40 and they weren't on yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Anyone know if there is an after party in the Academy tonight..heard a rumour but don't see it anywhere on the net??

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

I've contacted tesco, they said to hand it in at my nearest branch (Blanchardstown) and they'll do what they can to return it to the owner

According to theo2's website they deal with wefoundit - http://www.wefoundit.ie/ - for lost and found items.

As always, push it out there on twitter and facebook that I have a set of keys if anyone you know lost some

http://lost.ie is worth a punt too.

(full disclaimer I run the site)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mcgenius

Hi - I'm from wefoundit (we help the O2 manage lost property after a show) and came across this thread...and guess what? The owner of the keys has been in touch with us and would be delighted to get them back! If you're in the Finglas vicinity drop them into our office and we'll reunite them with their owner ASAP. Better still if you want to fire an email into claims@wefoundit.ie with your contact details I'll forward them to the owner and he can arrange to collect directly? Let me know what suits!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

tip for anyone wanting to get home tonight.

When you leave the venue instead of going left to the luas head out to the road on the right and there is a feeder bus that brings people to Stephen's green or another bus that goes to the RDS and onto Leopardstown.

everyone crowded over to the luas and queued for an age in the cold. no thanks says me and onto the warm bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Amazing gig!! I was so tired after a long week/weekend and was nearly regretting getting standing tickets since I felt lazy (Plus so many layers to hold) but it was sooo worth it.

I had a crowdsurge ticket but wasn't checking my mail all weekend so was unaware that was ticket "wasn't valid" but I got in no problem and hadn't to go queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

My god that was some gig last night. Arrived at the O2 shortly after 5 to collect my Crowdsurge tickets, was directed to the box office and told to wait outside while a queue began to form behind us, the lad said it was '2 people in, 2 out' and I knew that was going to cause some hassle later, got in after about a minute and was out with my tickets in less than 5. Went off then for a few pints and came back at around 7 and there was a pretty big queue for the box office, we just walked straight in and and up to the front, so glad I collected the tickets early.

Vampire Weekend were great, really liked them and the put the crowd in a great mood. Oxford Comma was the highlight of their set for me.

Arcade Fire were sublime, I was about three rows from the front and a bit over to left. Regine was in front of us for a good bit of the gig, and as a previous poster said, I could've sworn she was smiling right at me at more than one point. Watching her sing along to Laika even though you couldn't hear her was great, it seemed like she was singing along simply because she loved the song, big smile on her face throughout.

No Cars Go was fcuking brilliant though, the crowd were just fantastic for it, loved shouting the 'let's go' part. Crown of Love was awesome too, well pretty much every song they played was fantastic. Haiti was great, loved the way the crowd kept singing the song well after it had ended.

Win was had some great crowd interaction too, thought it was great when he said that the second night is usually the best and was met with a chorus of boos, only to reply with 'Oh yeah, show me what you fcukin got!'.

Also, did anyone see that the guy running around with the snare drum towards the end quite obviously had blood pumping from his mouth? I can only assume he smacked himself in the face when he was swinging that drum around!

I was also delighted to hear from a few friends who were up in the seats that they could see me on the screen for half of Wake Up, didn't even notice it myself at the time!

mcgenius wrote: »
    Hi - I'm from wefoundit (we help the O2 manage lost property after a show) and came across this thread...and guess what? The owner of the keys has been in touch with us and would be delighted to get them back! If you're in the Finglas vicinity drop them into our office and we'll reunite them with their owner ASAP. Better still if you want to fire an email into claims@wefoundit.ie with your contact details I'll forward them to the owner and he can arrange to collect directly? Let me know what suits!
    whu-hoo!!! witness the almighty power of boards!
    Thanks for letting me know mcgenius, but it turns out the owner is also registered on boards and he's contacted me via PM and I'll meet him later to exchange the keys!

Aldebaran wrote: »

Also, did anyone see that the guy running around with the snare drum towards the end quite obviously had blood pumping from his mouth? I can only assume he smacked himself in the face when he was swinging that drum around!

I was in front of that guy...it was terrifying! Seriously thought the string was gonna snap and it was gonna fly into my face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Dublin Bus finishes at 9pm tonight folks

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Severe-Weather-Disruptions/

Luas Connolly Station remains closed

http://78.137.167.70/travel-updates/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

tomissex wrote: »
    I was in front of that guy...it was terrifying! Seriously thought the string was gonna snap and it was gonna fly into my face!

When he came over to us and threw the drum, I think I actually ducked, I didn't realise he had it tied to him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

quarryman wrote: »
    tip for anyone wanting to get home tonight.

When you leave the venue instead of going left to the luas head out to the road on the right and there is a feeder bus that brings people to Stephen's green or another bus that goes to the RDS and onto Leopardstown.

everyone crowded over to the luas and queued for an age in the cold. no thanks says me and onto the warm bus.

How much was the feeder bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

no cars go was the highlight of the night very good gig but my god the amount of facial hair proper hippie gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

ShaneU wrote: »
    Well contrary to what the email said, my tickets were valid, thank god I got to skip that queue. Gig was amazing, so much better than oxygen. Did people who got tickets in the mail need to exchange them? They let me straight through

I only seen the email now. I headed up early Saturday morning and wasn't online all weekend. Thankfully I got straight in at Entrance 3 no problem, around 8. But on the way in a guy in front of me had trouble. I presume he had Crowdsurge tickets. I only heard a small bit of the conversation but the girl working at the O2 was saying something like "they're not valid, you'll have to go over to the box office" and he wasn't happen. I changed queues and mine scanned alright. I would've went mental. That's a long enough walk in the conditions.

Whole thing was a total farce. They obviously hadn't a clue who had got tickets in the post or not. Why cancel all tickets? Feel sorry for anyone who had to queue outside in that cold.

Great gig though!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

footage I took last night, quality gig

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

edit: sorry, taking forever to process.

edit: working now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Here are some pictures I took Sunday night.

5238713497_4540336a29.jpg

5238655445_15795dfef2.jpg

5238721239_2e3b120a0d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Went Sunday night having not left the house since last Monday when I slipped on the way into work. Great gig, stayed towards the back.

Went to doctor this morning, I have a broken rib..Was'nt gonna miss that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Just back from an amazing gig. Arcade Fire were unbelievable. Incredible live band. I'm shattered, deaf and I've lost my voice.

Thought the crowd were a bit subdued it seems night one was better. But still I loved every second of it.

Well worth the €73!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Yup. Fantastic gig. Really excellent. Brilliant way to start the week. Must go & relearn how to punctuate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

that was better than last night. And last night was a hard act to follow:D

Advertisement