Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Simply Red. Simply Shi.t

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

And Gun n' Roses
    01/09/2010 GUNS N' ROSES 6:30PM €65.70 to €70.70

Surely they couldnt sell enough tickets to justify playing the O2 and the capacity is 14,000(inc standing)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Devendra Banhart is the 3rd act apparently. That is the support act for the UK dates for definite, so it's probably true.
    Thought it was meant to be another 'big' name :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Devendra Banhart is the 3rd act apparently. That is the support act for the UK dates for definite, so it's probably true.
    Thought it was meant to be another 'big' name :confused:

I'd rather see Banhart over Vampire Weekend.

I don't really know a whole lot of his stuff but I saw him in The Button Factory a few months back and he put on a great show.

• Advertisement

I'd rather see Banhart over Vampire Weekend.

I don't really know a whole lot of his stuff but I saw him in The Button Factory a few months back and he put on a great show.

He might be very good but I'll have to take your word for it. Never heard of him.
    Just the info that seemed to about was suggesting that it would be a well known act, to justify the price. One of the names mentioned was The National. Probably unlikely, as they are big enough to play their own shows. However, in saying that, so are Vampire Weekend.
    I'd think a lot of people will be disappointed, if/when this is confirmed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also Elton John = €65.70, 86.25, 96.25,
    Think RATM was around €70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

The managers justification for the high ticket price doesnt seem reasonable to me, people are going to see aracade fire not vampire weekend so paying them a big fee for a gig where the majority of the crowd will be indifferent to their woeful indie, the old chestnut about transport to Ireland, it cant be more than €15000 to get band, crew and equipment over to Ireland. I wont be paying a rip off €70 for 2 hours of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

indiewindy wrote: »
    The managers justification for the high ticket price doesnt seem reasonable to me, people are going to see aracade fire not vampire weekend so paying them a big fee for a gig where the majority of the crowd will be indifferent to their woeful indie, the old chestnut about transport to Ireland, it cant be more than €15000 to get band, crew and equipment over to Ireland. I wont be paying a rip off €70 for 2 hours of them.

I'm undecided on whether to go to this one or not, if I do decide to go, Vampire Weekend would play a big part in that decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

ye i say people would like to see vampire weekend aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

indiewindy wrote: »

You'd be surprised.

There's around ten of them in the band when touring, they'll have another ten crew no doubt between sound engineer, manager etc. That may or may not include spouses.

That alone will cost, even at a reasonable €500 return, €10,000 alone.

Even at the cheapest way of lugging thier gear between Canada and here you're still looking at them hiring a driver internally or bringing one with them. Have you ever tried to get something heavy moved in Ireland? It is ridiculously expensive. Out of their fee the will come hotel rooms etc, depending on the deal they have.

I'm not bothered either way about the price, but you can be sure that getting them and their gear here for a one off gig will cost them a hell of a lot of money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If it's Banhart that's a class addition. Much more tempting than VW. The National have a run in the olympia in early december. They better not be added to the bill. Much better band than the rest on this bill imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

lordgoat wrote: »
    The National have a run in the olympia in early december.

Hello there, what's this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The National were rumoured to be the second support act initially, what with them being so friendly with Arcade Fire and all, but that looks unlikely now, seems to be Banhart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭girvtheswerve

So do we know for sure that tickets are on sale tomorrow morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mcgraner

So do we know for sure that tickets are on sale tomorrow morning?

jus reading der managers twitter der which someone posted a few pages back, it'll be announced tomorrow and on sale the 20th next friday with Vampie Weekend one of the two supporting acts confirmed and tickets will be around €70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It's being announced tomorrow. Won't be on sale until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    He might be very good but I'll have to take your word for it. Never heard of him.
    Just the info that seemed to about was suggesting that it would be a well known act, to justify the price.

Banhart is big enough in indie circles. As first in a bill of three he's way over the calibre I'd have expected even after the manager talking it up. Typically you'll get an upcoming local musician/group in that slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Seen them in Madison Square Garden last Thursday. Great set in my opinion. I paid $60 for a ticket with fees included.

The visual show is stunning by the way. I'll be picking tickets up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

ULTIMATE I AM COOLER THAN YOU POST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I'll be there once I can grab some tickets!

Will be nice to see them after listening to the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

It's up on ticketmaster now but like everyone said ya can't buy the tickets at the moment. Prices are €55.80 - €66.70

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Arcade Fire announce Dublin O2 ticket details13 Aug 2010
    2919603_2919603.jpg They go on sale on Friday August 20.

After much will they/won’t they/where will they? speculation, Arcade Fire have finally confirmed all the details of their December 5 visit to the Dublin O2.
    There had been talk of an extended Olympia run, but Win Butler & Co. have opted for the biggest gaff in town. The chart-topping Canadians will be joined for the night by Vampire Weekend and Devendra Banhart, with kick-off 7pm. Tickets priced €55.80 – considerably less than had been mooted elsewhere – go on sale at 9am on Friday August 20 and are limited to four per person. They’ve no shows planned for either December 4 or 6, so there’s the possibility of multiple nights if that sells-out straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I guess once you add the fees to the higher end of that you get the 73 euro figure that Jim Carroll was bandying about. Anyone know what the deal is with the tickets being sold via the band which is meant to be fee free (or at least fee reduced?). I see the standing going for this without a problem.. they'll have a hard time convincing people to pay the 73 for the nosebleeds though.

Toast wrote: »
    Banhart is big enough in indie circles. As first in a bill of three he's way over the calibre I'd have expected even after the manager talking it up. Typically you'll get an upcoming local musician/group in that slot.

Typically, yes you would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

would be very suprised if they dont play a second night, vampire weekend should help shift a good few tickets aswell, first gig they have played in ireland part from playing oxegen twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Hello there, what's this?

This looks good,but there probably wont be any official word on this until after the picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Is a second night more likely to be the night before (Saturday) or the night after (Monday), does anyone know?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They have added a 2nd O2 London date on the Dec 2nd so id be amazed if we dont get a 2 dates or even 3. They sold out their 2 Pheonix Park dates very easy last time

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

realyy ???? london o2??? jaysus fair play to them

Advertisement