Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

nm wrote: »
    Is a second night more likely to be the night before (Saturday) or the night after (Monday), does anyone know?

The 6th. It's pretty much a done deal, but won't be announced until the first night sells out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The 6th. It's pretty much a done deal, but won't be announced until the first night sells out.

Cheers, ticketmaster have a bastard of a habit of selling the most unappealing night first (e.g Interpol monday, then when that sold out put on tuesday, then wednesday) ensuring the night that most people would rather not go out sells out first, so I was going to let Sunday sell out and then buy a Saturday ticket if that was the case.. but if you're telling me it'll be the Monday then I'll go ahead and grab me a Sunday ticket I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

dicey1664 wrote: »
    first gig they have played in ireland part from playing oxegen twice

They played Electric Picnic in 2005. 2 nights in the Olympia in 2007 and 2 Nights in a tent in the Phoenix Park the same year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

nm wrote: »
    Cheers, ticketmaster have a bastard of a habit of selling the most unappealing night first (e.g Interpol monday, then when that sold out put on tuesday, then wednesday) ensuring the night that most people would rather not go out sells out first

Generally the first night that goes on sale will be the first concert of multiple concerts should they choose to put on more. I don't think it has anything to do with tickets to be shifted on unappealing nights, also Ticketmaster do not choose the nights which go on sale first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Generally the first night that goes on sale will be the first concert of multiple concerts should they choose to put on more. I don't think it has anything to do with tickets to be shifted on unappealing nights, also Ticketmaster do not choose the nights which go on sale first.

Pretty certain I have seen gigs where one night sold-out and a second gig was then scheduled for the previous night e.g. Sunday night sells out and then a Saturday gig is announced. But, yeah, it is usually the other way round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chelsea wine bar

Sorry bout this but when are the tickets released for this concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry bout this but when are the tickets released for this concert?
    Friday at 9am.

MCD I meant then, rather than TM.

The Pogues last December they put on Sunday, then added Friday, then finally added Saturday. All three nights had been announced on The Pogues forum by a band member weeks before, but these were announced then officially in that order, due to "phenomenal demand" of course :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

It also happened with the specials, but in that case worked to my advantage, i couldn't get a ticket as sunday sold so fast, ended up getting the saturday night. I'll go crazy if that happens with Arcade Fire, Saturday would be so much better

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wont be here when they go onsale so might hope they add a 2nd or 3rd date and there are a few tickets left when i get back from Pukkelpop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

dicey1664 wrote: »
    first gig they have played in ireland part from playing oxegen twice

LOL.

Might just be heading along to this. Its almost a pity they've got so popular now that only the o2 is good enough - they will always be better at an intimate venue.

Seeing them at EP in 2005 is still the greatest the gig of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Seen them in Madison Square Garden last Thursday. Great set in my opinion. I paid $60 for a ticket with fees included.

The visual show is stunning by the way. I'll be picking tickets up anyway.

I did too. Got the tickets a couple of days beforehand, same price as you. Great set. The atmosphere wasn't great though. Nothing to do with the band though.

You weren't one of the two wearing an Ireland jersey and a Munster jersey, were you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

O2 are doing priority tickets on Wed 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Toast wrote: »
    I see the standing going for this without a problem.. they'll have a hard time convincing people to pay the 73 for the nosebleeds though.

Just to stir the pricing up a bit more...

Tickets are from €55.80 - €66.70. Don't be surprised if the cheaper tickets are seated and it's €66.70 (before charges) for standing. That's what they did for Peal Jam and Rage. They know people prefer to stand for certain types of gigs and charge accordingly.

Fvckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

janeybabe wrote: »
    I did too. Got the tickets a couple of days beforehand, same price as you. Great set. The atmosphere wasn't great though. Nothing to do with the band though.

You weren't one of the two wearing an Ireland jersey and a Munster jersey, were you? :p

Yeah the atmosphere was a bit flat I found, a lot of people there that just went along because they heard they're a good band. You could see it during their well known songs or when they tried to have the crowd clap along, half of em were clueless!

Thankfully I wasn't one wearing any jerseys there! I was sat right in front of the audio/visual bay so had a great view although slightly annoyed I sold my original tickets as they were in the exact section Butler decided to walk along the railings and up into the crowd before going into the standing section!

Yeah the atmosphere was a bit flat I found, a lot of people there that just went along because they heard they're a good band. You could see it during their well known songs or when they tried to have the crowd clap along, half of em were clueless!

Thankfully I wasn't one wearing any jerseys there! I was sat right in front of the audio/visual bay so had a great view although slightly annoyed I sold my original tickets as they were in the exact section Butler decided to walk along the railings and up into the crowd before going into the standing section!

You would have been sitting right next to James Murphy!

fojfh3.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

is that the guy from lcd sound system under his arm ??? hahah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A V A wrote: »
    is that the guy from lcd sound system under his arm ??? hahah :P
    James Murphy? Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

is it ??? i was trying to make a joke that it looks lik him hahah

It's him alright. Win Butler and James Murphy are really good friends going back a few years. The Arcade Fire guys very occasionally sneak on to do backing vocals for North American Scum if they're playing at festivals, they released a split 7" and stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

It's him alright. Win Butler and James Murphy are really good friends going back a few years. The Arcade Fire guys very occasionally sneak on to do backing vocals for North American Scum if they're playing at festivals, they released a split 7" and stuff like that.

LCD supported them last time I saw AF which was in the Hollywood Bowl, Sept '07. Cracking venue / gig, still undecided about €60 this time around though....

Gah, I wish they'd toured together in Europe. I love LCD, have never seen them.

Stupid goddamn volcano.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is the presale gone already or is it just me? Tried at 9.02 and they seemed to be all gone by that stage :(

Was there even any tickets in that presale ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bold_defender

Was on there by about 9:05 and no tickets either. Damn, I suppose probably about 40% of the people in the country are on O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niamh86

I managed to get tickets at bang on 9am. There's a presale on their official website too not sure if theres any left but worth a shot

http://www.arcadefire.com/shows/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

i was the same bang on 9 and i got em there was very little wait on the website which surprised me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mcgraner

Was on there by about 9:05 and no tickets either. Damn, I suppose probably about 40% of the people in the country are on O2.

Was on ticketmaster meself a few mins ago they seemed to be gone i got mine at http://www.arcadefire.com/shows €62 including booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There were tickets on ticketmaster. I had 4 reserved but let them go as got some over at the band website. Maybe still tickets there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just managed to get tickets a few minutes ago but I was looking for seated tickets. They're not great seats though. I think that Ticketmaster sometimes do priority booking (did did when my mother was buying Simply Red tickets) so that would be 3 different ways of booking. Kind of defeats the purpose of priority booking!

Advertisement