Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Just got 2 tickets via the bands website. Couldn't get anything through the O2 priority sale - thought if the event was sold out they did'nt issue the passcodes to people?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bold_defender

cheers guys for the info,

Got two seated, which I looking for, on band site at 9:20. I choose good seats and all so seems to be plenty seated there, not sure about standing though.
    http://www.arcadefire.com/shows

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Toast wrote: »
    There were tickets on ticketmaster. I had 4 reserved but let them go as got some over at the band website. Maybe still tickets there.

Thanks for this, just got 2 standing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Cheers for the info guys. Managed to get standing tickets on the bands website, would never have thought of that myself. Tickets still onsale on their site until 10.00am afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ron.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Cheers for the info guys. Managed to get standing tickets on the bands website, would never have thought of that myself. Tickets still onsale on their site until 10.00am afaik.
    Couldnt get through on TM. Got 2 standing on the band website...thanks for the link above!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

Yeah, I got two standing on the band's website no problems. Hopefully it all goes well and there are no problems down the line...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭PB1982

Thanks for that just got two standing, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thanks for that link guys. It never occurred to me that different tickets would be on the different sites. I initially wanted 4 tickets but could only get 2 on Ticketmaster. (Look after number 1 and 2, you know? :D) Then I checked the band's website and got 2 better tickets. So I'm keeping them and giving the others to the other 2. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ive just got a ticket through the bands website too and unlike the O2 presale, it let me pick my seat from almost any seat in the venue!

However, ive been billed through crowdsurge.com, anyone any previous dealings with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

poundhound wrote: »
    Ive just got a ticket through the bands website too and unlike the O2 presale, it let me pick my seat from almost any seat in the venue!

However, ive been billed through crowdsurge.com, anyone any previous dealings with them?

Yeah, I bought Paul McCartney tickets through them this year and had no issues whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Got two via bands website there, thank you boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Thank god we get to avoid Ticketmaster this time. I think CrowdSurge are cheaper than ticketmaster.

WIN WIN for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 connman

Cheers for the heads up about the tickets on the band's website.
    Was having no luck with the Ticketmaster pre-sale. They only appeared to be selling rubbish seated tickets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yup. Crowdsurge are pretty awesome in Europe. Another story altogether in North American, but pretty badass over here.

Did everybody get sorted then, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Just got 3 tickets there via the bands website, so they're still available for now.

www.arcadefire.com seats are still available, pretty decent ones too. GA is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

fair play to you fine people on boards for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Poo, missed out on ticketmaster at 9. Only have money on my laser card and even though it says maestro on the back, crowdsurge wouldn't accept it. Tried my credit card too, but no luck. Friday it is then, I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Alsatian_Cousin

fair play to you fine people on boards for the heads up.

Yeah thanks guys, got my tickets from the band's site. O2 priority is useless, I was on at 9.02 and had no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

L'prof wrote: »
    Poo, missed out on ticketmaster at 9. Only have money on my laser card and even though it says maestro on the back, crowdsurge wouldn't accept it. Tried my credit card too, but no luck. Friday it is then, I hope.

One of the lads just rang and said he got me 2 standing tickets :) Just have to try again on Friday for 2 of my friends.

• Advertisement

We aimz to please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭madarekrap

Registered for that o2 blueroom just to get these tickets, and had a valid keyword too, came into work this morning and the ticket master website was having none of it, "Cannot find exact match" or something to that order...... Ended up getting Standing tickets from the Arcade Fire website for cheaper too, cheers for the heads up!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

just got tickets a great find!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

It'll be interesting to see if www.arcadefire.com gets a mention in any of the discussion of The Irish Times bit about Arcade Fire being heartless cigar-smoking bastards shaking money out of orphan pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It'll be interesting to see if www.arcadefire.com gets a mention in any of the discussion of The Irish Times bit about Arcade Fire being heartless cigar-smoking bastards shaking money out of orphan pockets.

Do you mean the comments over at On The Record or was there another article? Jim Carroll has acknowledged that some tickets were going on arcadefire.com but keeps going on about them not selling ALL tickets via it. That Pearl Jam had to cancel a tour last time a band attempted to boycott Ticketmaster seems to have slipped his mind (even though I mentioned it in comments).

Indeed. I don't know if Win Butler spilled his pint or what, Carroll's treatment of Arcade Fire always has a curiously stung tone to it.

I commented on that article too, and aside from insisting that Arcade Fire effectively stop playing here in a Ticketmaster protest, he also keeps insisting that he's "not singling Arcade Fire out", even though he clearly is, and did exactly the same the last time they played too. I mean, I know Arcade Fire are having a good month and all, but I still don't think they're quite responsible for the entire economic ecosystem of a North European island's entertainment industry or anything.

But yeah, basically, The Irish Times has published an article they've cobbled together out of Scott Rodger's post on the blog discussion, so they're still banging on about it. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but IMHO padding a courtesy reply to a blog post into an entire piece that represents it as formal statement from "Arcade Fire" is not what I want from a professional music journalist.

The article again quotes the 73 euro price, and just about mentions "the band's website" without any of the useful details.

Hmm.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0818/1224277071592.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

117 quid for two tickets is hardly generously priced.

Cant believe I caved and paid it, Im gonna stfu now.

I'm not going to say it's cheap or anything, and God knows I'd like it to be cheaper, but it's market value here and nobody could have expected them to cost less than last time round.

I mean, I think Arcade Fire are generally good eggs and all, but I don't think they should ask for less than they can earn just out of the goodness of their hearts. They've taken steps to make sure that people who really want to see them play can, and that's right by me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I'm not going to say it's cheap or anything, and God knows I'd like it to be cheaper, but it's market value here and nobody could have expected them to cost less than last time round.

I mean, I think Arcade Fire are generally good eggs and all, but I don't think they should ask for less than they can earn just out of the goodness of their hearts. They've taken steps to make sure that people who really want to see them play can, and that's right by me.
    Yeah great lads they are, charging e6.58 to post you an envelope with your ripoff tickets in it :P

Advertisement