Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire. O2. December 5th/6th - PLEASE READ OP - CROWDSURGE TICKET

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Judith Ann

damn could have saved a bit on their website. Ah well, got 2 standing tickets for monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Got 3 tickets this morning, arrived outside the ticketmaster outlet 15 minutes before opening and not a soul about, delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

So it's Monday night for the second date as was widely predicted.

Looks like some "insider information" that was spouted about it being Saturday was completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

So did everybody get tickets and is everybody happy? Is there any need to launch a major anti-tout campaign or a major ticket price campaign? It seems AF can't have a gig here without any major drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

conno16 wrote: »
    relax man
    my brother works with one of the lead promoters in ireland
    lets see how this pans out
    what sort of evidence do you want - i can drag him over to your gaff if you like
    that stalinist russia module in the moderator training programme needs to be eased a little

Didn't really pan out as you said.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

According to Hotpress, the support acts are the same for the Monday night show aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cchuckiec

mystic86 wrote: »
    According to Hotpress, the support acts are the same for the Monday night show aswell.

Awesome, cheers for the info. Came on here to ask who was supporting on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just picked up 2 tickets for the Monday night on the Band's website. €10 cheaper too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

good deal
    always go straight to source is my motto when the opportunity presents

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Didn't really pan out as you said.... :rolleyes:
    So it's Monday night for the second date as was widely predicted.

Looks like some "insider information" that was spouted about it being Saturday was completely wrong.

don't expect a response from the little troll and it's best to ignore any other 'information' he spouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Got 2 tickets, standing, for the Sunday.

I hav'nt been this excited about a gig in yonks, thought I was losing my mojo, turns out I was just going to sh!tty shows for too long!

lordgoat wrote: »
    don't expect a response from the little troll and it's best to ignore any other 'information' he spouts.

hey goat thats not entirely fair
    apparently the promoters were pushing bigtime for sat but it was the tour managers who pushed back and wouldn't shift
    everyone would have preferred saturday, better atmosphere etc
    some bloke with a refill pad and a laptop fooked it up

tickets still on sale
    surprised of that..

whats it likely to host 12k a night?
    i suppose thats about 18 nights solid in the olympia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

apparently the promoters were pushing bigtime for sat but it was the tour managers who pushed back and wouldn't shift

If you actually think the decision was reached only in the past few days then you seriously know nothing about the way tours are planned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No it's not, Sat night was never a goer. From pretty much the band themselves. Have a wander over to the arcade fire forum, monday night was always going to be the second night. Even go to the alt/indie board here and and again Monday night was what was being talked about. Irish times on the record blog also quoted monday as the most likely.

Only you and your imagined source said saturday and with your history or talking ****e on boards and not backing anything up - you're not to be believed.

So again. Stop posting unfounded claims. If you have anything else to say on the matter take it to PM. Do not reply on thread about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

Got 3 tickets for the Sunday Night Standing first go at 9am this morning. Was surprised it was that easy. Should be a cracking gig. They played a few off the new album at Oxegen so it will be better now that i've had a few listens to it.
    I heard that not may showed up to watch them on Main Stage. I got up the front which was odd cause I expected a huge crowd. So wasn't looking behind me. My mate who was with me heard on the radio no more that 10,000 showed up. I was surprised with that. Then again all the young folk were prob off watching the DJ's :eek:.... The rain prob didn't help either... Does anyone know a rough estimate of the Oxegen crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

LarryMac wrote: »
    Does anyone know a rough estimate of the Oxegen crowd?
    My estimate would be that most of them are indeed rough.

They were all pretty young (and some a bit rough) ... Felt my age... I think it will be my last time.. It's ran it's course for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

could only find a monday night ticket and all my mates are going on the sunday:eek:
    might try find a way to swap with someone down the line but I still know a handful going to the monday gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

LarryMac wrote: »
    They were all pretty young (and some a bit rough) ... Felt my age... I think it will be my last time.. It's ran it's course for me

Many of them would have been 11-14 years old when Funeral was released...

• Advertisement

They were more interested in JayZ and Eminem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd hazard a guess that you won't get any of the oxygen crowd there to see them... or a small portion of it anyhow...it'll be an older crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nievus89

Got 3 standing tickets for sunday at 9 o clock this morning, delighted!! :D Seen them at oxegen and they were savage, i was up the very front aswell, never been that close to a band :D, so didnt notice the small crowd. everyone around me seemed to be an relatively older and seemed to be really into AF. Was really brilliant, the rain even held off for most of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

seachto7 wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess that you won't get any of the oxygen crowd there to see them... or a small portion of it anyhow...it'll be an older crowd

Then again alot of young people will want to see Vampire Weekend in support.

This is my first ever concert! and I am 26 so its a long time coming =D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Who's the support act or does anyone even care?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

manster wrote: »
    Who's the support act or does anyone even care?
    It's mentioned numerous times on previous pages - Vampire Weekend and Devendra Banhart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

AF message boards are havin a ball complaining about tkt prices......they have a point of course when you compare Dublin to Spain etc. (umm.....almost half price!)

For me, I'd pay anything for Springsteen, AF - I think the price I've paid is fair so long as they play longer than the set they played in Phoenix Park tent, well, they have more songs to play don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

anyone know if there are any Sunday tickets left?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

anyone know if there are any Sunday tickets left?

Nope. They sold out yesterday. I got my tickets for the Monday night. Cant wait! Presume city centre is handiest place to stay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

carmel27 wrote: »
    Nope. They sold out yesterday. I got my tickets for the Monday night. Cant wait! Presume city centre is handiest place to stay?

Check out The Gibson. I'm staying there the Sunday night. It's right next door to the O2. €99 room only.

Advertisement