Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Break/Moratorium

Options
  • 09-08-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hey there :)

Has anyone applied for or have been granted a mortgage break in the past few months?

What is the general procedure?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Just get in touch with your mortgage provider and apply, they are quiet sticky at the moment regarding the loan to value ratio, so if your negative equity or have other large outstanding loans it can be quiet tricky. They will ask you to fill out a financial review form, which will included all your incomings and outgoings and go from there. Not that much work involved, and if you hold your mortgage through a bank they will do the work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Get all your bank statements for the last 12 months, ring the bank and make an appointment. Be open and honest with the bank manager and be sincere when talking about the changes to your lifestyle that he will look for.

DO NOT turn up at the bank in your 09 audi A4 and have the bank manager discover that you are paying for the car but ignoring other more essential bills and mortgage payments....urban myth i heard from a bank worker.

Basically dont leave it any longer than you have to i reckon the sooner you take the correct steps the sooner you will be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭CluelessGirl

Many thanks for your posts.

I am going to ring them today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Many thanks for your posts.

I am going to ring them today. :)

some mortgage accounts allow moratoriums within them. For instance a bank i used to work for allowed a six month moratorium at any stage within the time of the mortgage for any reason. No reason needed to be given, you just could not be arrears to get it. You wrote into them and requested it and given as long as in arrears.

This is not a commong feature so most likely will need to speak to the lender and see what you need to do .

Advertisement