Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Golden Retriever puppy (pref rescue)

Options
  • 09-08-2010 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

My five year old has wanted a dog for as long as she's been able to speak (third word was "Dog"), so we're finally looking at getting one & have been advised that a Golden Retriever would be the best to go for.

First of - any advice on this ?

Secondly, where's the best place to get (peferably a rescue) one ?

TNX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Congratulations on your decision - exciting time for you all!

Have a browse on www.irishanimals.ie

they have a section for dogs and puppies that need rehoming. You can search by breed also - there are a few lab puppies looking for homes as far as I remember and they (in my opinion) would have a very similar temprament and personality to the retriever.

Its a great great idea to try and rescue one first - best of luck, I hope you (and a pup / dog) get lucky! :D

MODS - PLEASE RESIZE PIC - APOLOGIES FOR NOT KNOWING HOW TO DO SO!

65_BW%20pups.jpg

spotted these two - Chubby and Chrystal .. golden one is a nice looker !

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Drop up to "The Cats And Dogs Home". It's on Mount Venus Road (Dublin mountains) in Rathfarnham. If it's a rescue you want, they (and the Dogs) would be happy to see you. Keep away from all that "Puppy Farm" carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Unfortunately, the golden were the first to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

iMax wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the golden were the first to go :(

Be aware that labs shed an awful lot more than retrievers, it comes out by by the fist full when they're moulting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

just saw on irish dogs 14 mth old labradore bitch for rehoming in galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Try www.dogsindistress.org

They don't have a premises but their website is brilliant. There are literally dozens of dogs for rehoming. I am currently fostering one for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Our GR is 13 months OP and tbh I'd be worried with him around small kids that he might send them flying!

Advertisement