Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holding a Claymore mine

• 09-08-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

You know the on the flimsy little legs. Would it be possible to actually hold it in you hand when it goes off, as long as no part of your hand is in the kill zone?
    What's the recoil like?

I of course do not want to do this, just wondering whether it'd be possible since those little legs seems sufficient to hold it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Judging by the instructions on the mine on this video no. It says be careful of back-blast.

It would be a scary sight mind you,seeing an enemy run at you with a claymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

biko wrote: »
    You know the on the flimsy little legs. Would it be possible to actually hold it in you hand when it goes off, as long as no part of your hand is in the kill zone?
    What's the recoil like?

I of course do not want to do this, just wondering whether it'd be possible since those little legs seems sufficient to hold it.

It goes 'BANG' before it has time to fall over.

However, you really do not want to hold it. The charge of 684grams of C4 PHE ensures that the 'recoil' would be substantial. That's not to say you shouldn't try it at least once in the interests of science and all that. Be my guest, and let us know what it was like, eh?

The purpose of the pathetic-looking little legs [I'm reminded of Wilfred Bramble for some reason] is to keep it off the ground so that the detonation wave and its unpleasant contents can 'ricochet' off the surface up into the airspace occupied by the BGs.

It really is as unpleasant as it looks, and most everybody in front in a sixty degree arc 'gets some'.

tac

Advertisement