Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halfords brake fluid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Which ones are you talking about, because after a quick look, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Look at the 1 litre bottle of it, 6th one down on the Irish site.I could get the same amount in another motor factors for 6.49, Bate that as they say!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

jimmyw wrote: »
    Look at the 1 litre bottle of it, 6th one down on the Irish site.I could get the same amount in another motor factors for 6.49, Bate that as they say!!:rolleyes:

I now see what you're getting at. It must be realy really special stuff:eek:. I don't buy stuff from Halfords unless there's a good sale on.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

Halfrauds :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jimmyw wrote: »

You can get the same amount, but it's not the same stuff. Maybe there's no difference, but have you checked out the quality of the cheap one to see if it's actually worth the €8 saving? I don't know what makes one brake fluid better than another, but I'm sure someone does.

Halfords are never that well priced on anything anyway, unless it's a special offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Halfords are located in high rent retail parks, spend large amounts on shopfitting & advertising & they have head office costs & sharholders that they have to make a profit for.

Your local motor factors has no head office costs, no shareholders, no fancy shopfitting and is usually a local businessman making a living and employing a few other locals. - Therfore he/she will always be cheaper than Halfords and far more deserving of support.

Same goes for local hardware stores - they beat the retail park guys hands down everytime.

Advertisement