Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAMEUIFX32 VER 0.138

Options
  • 09-08-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,got this mame emulator and I have a few questions and would really appreciate the help.
    OK,here goes
    Is this the best emulator?
    will it play NEOGEO?
    How can I repair the roms that have stuff missing?
    Can/should I delete all the non working roms?
    What are the best sites to visit?
    Is there a working version of Dragons Lair somewhere on the planet?
    One more thing totally unrelated,how do you send thanks on boards.ie?
    thanks for listening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Euskadi wrote: »
    Hi,got this mame emulator and I have a few questions and would really appreciate the help.
    OK,here goes
    will it play NEOGEO?
    thanks for listening

There are entire forums devoted to Mame, I'm know sure how much you can be helped on one thread. Some of your problems are basic mame issues, and easily resolveable with some googling, other's I'm not sure can be answered here as old roms are more than likely still copyrighted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Euskadi wrote: »
    OK,here goes
    will it play NEOGEO?
    thanks for listening
    1. Depends what games your playing. Newer games will run at there correct speed in other emulators. MAME aims to run games as near to perfect as possible including those that will that cannot be emulated at the correct speed on todays hardware
    2. Yes it will. You might also look at Finalburn Alpha, Kawaks, Raine or any other number of emulators :)
    3. Why? They may be emulated correctly at a later stage. Sometimes the rom names also channge so use a rom renaming tool to audit your roms after a new version.
    4. Best sites to vist? I'm presuming you don't mean rom sites as I'm sure you've read the charter! So to answer your question I'll say here!
    5. Yes there are. The emulator your looking for is called Daphne and the Roms and Bin/mpegs aren't nearly as hard to find as they used to be.
    6. It's the icon 3rd across from quote in the bottom right hand corner of the post you want to thank.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum.

LoGiE

Advertisement