Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Gormley resigns

• 09-08-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Bray Wanderers have announced that Eddie Gormley has decided to resign as manager of the club.

The brief statement released from the club goes on to say:

Bray Wanderers would like to place on record their appreciation of the work and commitment that Eddie Gormley gave to the club,and the club would like to thank Eddie for his efforts both as a player and manager with Bray Wanderers. We would like to wish Eddie well in his future career.

Extratime will bring you more on this story as we get it....

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4072/

Always going to happen, be interesting to see who has the balls to take over.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Off to Villa?

Seriously though, can't imagine anyone with any previous experience taking this job over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Probably the best move for Bray. Fresh ideas etc....

He did as well as he could with the resources on offer and Bray were preparing a budget for the 1st division when the Cork fiasco bumped them back into the Premier again.

The new manager should use these last 10 games as a chance to get to know the younger players and then push for Promotion next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Off to Villa?

Straight swap me thinks, M'ON to Bray, Eddie to Villa.

I thought Eddie did a good job with what he had, he had no money this season and until a week before the season he was in the first division.

Bray fan I was talking to up there said he wasn't fit for the job, he's a good first division manager but not premier division material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Thanks Eddie. I enjoyed your spell with us. At times, we played some really nice stuff.

When he had the resources, we did well. When we had to cut back, he struggled. With all that went on before the start of the season, it's no surprise we started so badly. Even with the players we've brought in, we haven't improved so it was always going to end one way.

One problem we had under him was only performing against the bigger sides and struggling against ones closer to our level. We also struggled in important games (play-offs last year, the Cup semi).

He also had a habit of falling out with players but there's only one of those who I really regret losing: Mark Duggan.

I think most Bray fans are very harsh on him. A lot reckon he should be doing better with the squad. I don't. The squad we have just isn't good enough. Daz (now 39), Gregg, Brennan, Danny O'Connor and Dempsey are the only experienced players we have at the mo and three of those only arrived in July. Everyone else has made their senior debuts within the last three years and are still very much works in progress.

Now, I can only see Devo taking over again. I'm not looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

To be fair to Eddie he did a good job with next to no tools at his disposal. Bray actually played some good football but had a defense like swiss cheese. Shame but hopefully Bray will have a fresh start now and kick on a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I hope bray get hammered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

It was very tough to be budgeting for the 1st division and then to have to play in the premier with a week to go. That standing start was always going to hurt and not a reflection on the manager.

Perhaps a change of personnel will lift them

Advertisement