Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here switched from Smart to Magnet?

• 09-08-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi all,

My Smart 9mb contract is up next month and I'm looking around to see what is available. When I first went with Smart a few years ago they were the best ISP in the country but now Smart seem to be going backwards. They are simply no longer competitive.

I spotted that Magnet are offering 24mb for €55 but I don't know a single person using Magnet. Currently with Smart my line is as good as it gets in Ireland. I'm within touching distance of the exchange and always get the full 9mb without any issues so I'm assuming that I should get as good overall network performance on Magnet too.

So has anyone switched from Smart over to Magnet and continued to get the same expected network quality as before or did things go to hell in a hand basket making you regret switching?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Hi all,

My Smart 9mb contract is up next month and I'm looking around to see what is available. When I first went with Smart a few years ago they were the best ISP in the country but now Smart seem to be going backwards. They are simply no longer competitive.

I spotted that Magnet are offering 24mb for €55 but I don't know a single person using Magnet. Currently with Smart my line is as good as it gets in Ireland. I'm within touching distance of the exchange and always get the full 9mb without any issues so I'm assuming that I should get as good overall network performance on Magnet too.

So has anyone switched from Smart over to Magnet and continued to get the same expected network quality as before or did things go to hell in a hand basket making you regret switching?

Honestly it depends on the exchange, if we are on the exchange...then no, there really is very little if any difference. If we are not on the exchange than you will be busted down to a re-sold eircom pack.

Advertisement