Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband service in Fingal

Options
  • 09-08-2010 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the broadband section or not but I was wondering if any of you knew a resource or had links to the 'proper' broadband roll-outs (as in high-speed over 3MB) in Fingal.

I was wondering are the companies, UPC,Imagine etc. working with local authorities or merely choosing where. I ask because I and a few of my neighbours getting very annoyed with people tha live 150m from my house having certain broadband installed over a year ago and anytime I contact either UPC or another company like imagine they bump it back a few months. The household needs a reliable and fast broadband connection for home-business and it's gotten to the point where I wanted to contact local government about it.

A bunch of us were set to go with Imagine, which was supposed to up and running from early August. Friday I get a nonchalant call that the area (D13) won't be up until December now.

Again sorry if it's in the wrong place, but these days internet is an infrastructural issue I think.

Comments

Advertisement