Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whale in Galway Bay

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

jimclots wrote: »
    I have been seeing this whale for the last few weeks. I am the captain of one of the ferries running between Rossaveal and the Aran Islands. I wasn't sure if it even was a whale or just a fat dolphin. Hard to tell when all you see is his back as he comes up to breath. Until this evening. About 50 yards off my Port bow he breached. Straight up out of the water and fell back with a MASSIVE splash. And he did it 8 or 10 times. One of the passengers recorded him on his phone and gave me the footage. Unfortunately I can not upload it here.
    Add this to the fact that there is now a resident dolphin in Inis Oirr and I am almost at Marine Mammal overload.
    And I still have np idea what kind of whale it is.

Upload it to YouTube and post the link here.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Upload it to YouTube and post the link here.

Don't think he's allowed post 'links' either! Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

jimclots wrote: »
    I have been seeing this whale for the last few weeks. I am the captain of one of the ferries running between Rossaveal and the Aran Islands. I wasn't sure if it even was a whale or just a fat dolphin. Hard to tell when all you see is his back as he comes up to breath. Until this evening. About 50 yards off my Port bow he breached. Straight up out of the water and fell back with a MASSIVE splash. And he did it 8 or 10 times. One of the passengers recorded him on his phone and gave me the footage. Unfortunately I can not upload it here.
    Add this to the fact that there is now a resident dolphin in Inis Oirr and I am almost at Marine Mammal overload.
    And I still have np idea what kind of whale it is.

I can post up the video for you, if you send me it via dropbox/email! Send me a Private Message if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I can post up the video for you, if you send me it via dropbox/email! Send me a Private Message if interested!

Please do this!

Advertisement