Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone meet the Kerryman?

• 09-08-2010 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

Passing through the town today only to be stopped
    outside Sherwoods by a guy sitting in a van with
    a load of kids in the back. He asked me if I could
    purchase some diesel for him as had no money!
    He showed me a driving licence with a name & address.
    I f**king as you! Are these people for real?
    Did anyone else have dealings with this guy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Passing through the town today only to be stopped
    outside Sherwoods by a guy sitting in a van with
    a load of kids in the back. He asked me if I could
    purchase some diesel for him as had no money!
    He showed me a driving licence with a name & address.
    I f**king as you! Are these people for real?
    Did anyone else have dealings with this guy?

A while back someone posted something similar near Tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ramonchixe

few months ago we meet this guy near Lidl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Was this man a member of a . . . . . certain community?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lanno25

was it a silver hiase with a Clare reg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭EoinHeffernan

Yeah, dealt with the same guy a couple of weeks ago on the quay outside of Shaws. Same story, no money for diesel to get home. in his words, he was supposed to meet someone to sell a horse saddle and the guy never showed up so he wanted to know if i had 40€ to spare so he could get home, at which point I couldn't help but laugh and walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Yeah i met the same guy in Superquinn back in May, he was driving around the car park (strange for someone with no diesel) asking various people would they give him €40 for diesel in exhange for his €300 brass chain with gold paint on it. After i finished laughing i told him to "piss off before i rang the cops on him". Not that they would have / could have done something anyway.

A guy i work with was saying that possibly the same guy was outside the social on the Cork Road about a month ago, and this time he had no scam and was just calling people over to the van and threatening them for money, lucky enough the guy i work with is well built and told him what to do with himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

at least he is upfront and honest and getting your money , he could be over your back wall and break into your house and clean you out when you were in sherwoods !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

a direct quote from the movie snatch " I f**kin hate pikeys"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Yeah, dealt with the same guy a couple of weeks ago on the quay outside of Shaws. Same story, no money for diesel to get home. in his words, he was supposed to meet someone to sell a horse saddle and the guy never showed up so he wanted to know if i had 40€ to spare so he could get home, at which point I couldn't help but laugh and walk away.

I endured a similar fate outside D.I.D.. Following a number of unsuccessful attempts to convince me that my life would be immeasurably enriched from the purchase of those saddles (my non-ownership of a horse being a moot point), he became very upset and told me (in no uncertain terms) that I was/am a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Can this fella be complained to the guards, is he breaking any law? He's certainly more than just begging, he followed me around the Tesco carpark in the van

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I'm sure what he's doing is a crime. Getting people to give him money under false pretences is like fraud is'nt it? I'm sure there's nothing the cops can do though as he's not exactly stealing it.
    I have'nt heard of anyone giving him money yet though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Id be more worried about older people he might try intimidate to get money out of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

haha he was out in tescos selling horse saddles and asked me the same thing. Chap was from kerry as well.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Leopardi wrote: »
    I endured a similar fate outside D.I.D.. Following a number of unsuccessful attempts to convince me that my life would be immeasurably enriched from the purchase of those saddles (my non-ownership of a horse being a moot point), he became very upset and told me (in no uncertain terms) that I was/am a scumbag.

I'm sure if you had asked that this enterprising chap could source a horse for you (for a small fee of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hah, I met him there too. Same as yourself, I started laughing and walked away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

think i will have to go out to tesco, just for tha laugh.....

On a side note, did meet another one, this fella was looking for 20€ (a baragain it seems now :D) to get home to limerick... this was in ferry bank...

told him NO.... he then asked was i interested in aome Plasma TVs or laptops or he could get his hands on anything i wanted......
    I laughed and walked away....... and left a message with mr local garda with his reg number...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

wellbutty wrote: »
    Can this fella be complained to the guards, is he breaking any law? He's certainly more than just begging, he followed me around the Tesco carpark in the van

I'd be fairly sure he could be done on harassment or something along the lines of a public nuisance charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

robtri wrote: »
    I laughed and walked away....... and left a message with mr local garda with his reg number...

Fair play to ya. I wish more people would do this. It's about time the public started making it a bit more difficult for these people to operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

twitch1984 wrote: »

Oh! Well of course it's ok if it's a direct quote. :rolleyes:

There's no point in trying to get around the charter. Everyone knows the rules by now.

Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was approached by him in Tesco Ardkeen too. I think the cops would be more interested in catching him on a public road rather than a private car park even though he was hassling members of the public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

He goes to petrol stations and parks at the pump asking people for money for diesel once a man said fill her up i'll put it on my card but he said i need cash only ...
    also seen him at Woodies, Tesco, TK maxx normally a blonde woman in the van with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Faq wrote: »
    He goes to petrol stations and parks at the pump asking people for money for diesel once a man said fill her up i'll put it on my card but he said i need cash only ...
    also seen him at Woodies, Tesco, TK maxx normally a blonde woman in the van with him

i remember a friend years ago being asked by one of waterford's finest street bum's could he have 20p for a flagon , his reply was "here's 40 , get me one as well " !!

i thought it was hilarious !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

We should all take heed to what out friend Chris de Burgh told us in his 1982 classic....

dontpaythekerryman.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Sorry but there is no variation in form from any of these "people".

One of them ran over my father a few weeks back when we caught him trespassing. Oh and the reg on his Transit mysteriously turned out to be a silver merc reg in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

twitch1984 wrote: »

WELL WHETHER YA LIKE EM OR NOT THERE AINT NO DENYING THIS RASCAL IS A scumbag,

had a few bumps into the tosser,
    first was in b&q quote (in a dodgy east european accent)...

"i am polish man trying to get money for plane fare home to poland "

at which point he produced some poor unfortunates camera , i walked away as he shouted profanities with his young rick astley doppler in the passenger seat.....
    rick-astley-suit.jpg

few weeks later saw him in lidil driving round from car to car in the clare reg. hiace with a litter of astley dopplers in tow...
    i waited till he spotted me motor over at the end of the carpark he drove right round to get to it as he arrived i began to pull off could see him effin and blindin out the window ,prob cause all the deisel he wasted gettin over :P

finally today they down the social, lets just say i heard them b4 i saw them:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

ya he was driving around in some green heap of scrap today. As if anyone has money to give a complete stranger these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭overhand_right

Got hassle off him in Mc donalds car park last night he would not take no for an answer started abusing me then in the from his silver van I started laughing at him and he drove away I hope he lamps that van off a wall thr wดnker

Advertisement