Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a place to stay....pronto

Options
  • 09-08-2010 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey im going to galway on wednesday but the thing is that i need a place to stay for 2 nights, I really do, i have no money for a b&b but basically i just dont want to pay for one. im a friendly guy, i swear. So if anyone that lives in or close to the city, is in there 20s, and who doesnt mind taking in a total stranger that they dont know anything about and letting them sleep on the couch for 2 days, doesnt mind doing this please, by all means let me know. im sure you could get to know me before hand. pm me if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

rightnow wrote: »
    Hey im going to galway on wednesday but the thing is that i need a place to stay for 2 nights, I really do, i have no money for a b&b but basically i just dont want to pay for one. im a friendly guy, i swear. So if anyone that lives in or close to the city, is in there 20s, and who doesnt mind taking in a total stranger that they dont know anything about and letting them sleep on the couch for 2 days, doesnt mind doing this please, by all means let me know. im sure you could get to know me before hand. pm me if interested.

Couchsurfing.com or a hostel, the latter is cheaper than a
    b and b but you don't seem stuck so not sure why you don't want to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Picx?

otherwise, may I recommend www.hostelworld.com ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Why can't you stay at your own place?

Posted on 21-7-2010
    Hey everyone, Im an art student and im staying in a house in Wellpark, its right beside the college so its pretty handy and cheap!!! just need some housemates first, if you need a nice, cheap place to stay and want to have fun in a friendly enviornment, sure let me know, laters.:)

Posted on 03-8-2010
    right, ive arranged a house in wellpark (beside the art college) and i need 3 people to live with, if you need a place to stay pm me.

Posted Yesterday:
    hey if anyone still needs a place, give me a shout, im gonna live there so just need the housemates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rightnow

cause i need to have 3 other people to stay there, can only stay there at the start of september too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Move here in September so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

You can stay with me.

I'd rather you not sleep on my couch so we'll both have to sleep in the bed. It's a double but I do sleep naked.

im just going on a small holiday seein as i dont have the funds to stay in galway from now to whenever. alright cool bob harris, thats excellent because i sleep naked too, and i do tend to take a big sh*t now and again when im sleeping, but cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Aha!

Stay with mates if it's a holiday, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

another one for couchsurfing.com again.
    I met a lad who does it regularly (hosting surfers), meets all sorts of good folk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

po0k wrote: »
    another one for couchsurfing.com again.
    I met a lad who does it regularly (hosting surfers), meets all sorts of good folk.

They steal the change in the couch sometimes.
    I'm not 100% certain because nobody's certain of the amount of change in their couch but it seemed a bit light on my last bi-monthly couch check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

im just going on a small holiday seein as i dont have the funds to stay in galway from now to whenever. alright cool bob harris, thats excellent because i sleep naked too, and i do tend to take a big sh*t now and again when im sleeping, but cool.

Wait you don't even have the cash to stay somewhere for two days but you're going on a holiday? Priorities dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

JohnCleary wrote: »
    lol=

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

borrow a tent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

This thread just shows how egoistic people have become! :( Nothing like selfless help anywhere anymore. Everything for money... and more wealthy more selfish! I remember the story about how my grandfather who was a driver took home 5 hungarian students -they were hitchhiking and didnt have place to stay -so he took them (to 2 bedroom flat) and let them sleep in the kitchen for few days! After about 10 years one of them talked to my grandfather and invited him for great holidays in Hungary. (he was well prospering business man at that time). Where is this all gone? Hospitality, kindness? Huh? :rolleyes:

Maja wrote: »
    This thread just shows how egoistic people have become! :( Nothing like selfless help anywhere anymore. Everything for money... and more wealthy more selfish! I remember the story about how my grandfather who was a driver took home 5 hungarian students -they were hitchhiking and didnt have place to stay -so he took them (to 2 bedroom flat) and let them sleep in the kitchen for few days! After about 10 years one of them talked to my grandfather and invited him for great holidays in Hungary. (he was well prospering business man at that time). Where is this all gone? Hospitality, kindness? Huh? :rolleyes:

seriously? you'd let a stranger from the internet kip on your sofa?

I'm all about charity, but I've got a healthy dose of self preservation along with that.

also it's not like he doesn't have anywhere to go. He just doesn't want to spring for a b&b. He could stay where he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Xiney wrote: »
    seriously? you'd let a stranger from the internet kip on your sofa?

I'm all about charity, but I've got a healthy dose of self preservation along with that.

also it's not like he doesn't have anywhere to go. He just doesn't want to spring for a b&b. He could stay where he is.

-yeah, everyone could "stay where is", but how boring would that be? Yes i would let stranger, just not if i am home alone (and i am at the moment).

well darling, my grandmother always said there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

-yeah, everyone could "stay where is", but how boring would that be? Yes i would let stranger, just not if i am home alone (and i am at the moment).

You might like to think about what would be causing an Irish person to come here on holiday when s/he hasn't got any friends to be staying with.

(Yes, I am assuming that s/he is Irish: any foreigners would either be using couchsurfing site already if that was their thing, or would have more cop-on than to have started a thread like this!)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

We once let a troop of German scouts sleep in our shed once. I remember walking in one morning, not knowing they were there, scared the beejasus out of me.

Really must ask the mother how that happened, where she got them from.

Wouldn't let the fella from the internet stay though. He might steal the strimmer or something.

• Advertisement

That's an excellent point, Mary.

What kind of freak doesn't have a friend in Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

God you're so selfish. It's all about you ain't it.

Curse us and our petty, materialistic celtic tiger ways! Thank you, mysticalforeigner, for showing us the error of our ways and creating the possibility of a romantic Ireland that's (almost) dead and gone....

tihi

I can't believe I got lumped in with you Irish on this one. I RESENT THAT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Sounds like a serial killer to me, whats your tally so far ?

Xiney wrote: »
    tihi

I can't believe I got lumped in with you Irish on this one. I RESENT THAT

Lol it was unintentional. However won't you get citizenship at some stage?

Lol it was unintentional. However won't you get citizenship at some stage?

eligible for it in september.

costs a grand though. dunno if it's worth it.

i. . .i just want a place to stay.... :(

i. . .i just want a place to stay.... :(

and murder us. yeah, we get it.

• Advertisement

can i stay with you xiney. . .. pretty please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement