Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a place to stay....pronto

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Xiney wrote: »
    eligible for it in september.

costs a grand though. dunno if it's worth it.

Once you get citizenship your beard will turn ginger, fact. I don't know if that makes it worth it to you or not though.
    rightnow wrote: »
    can i stay with you xiney. . .. pretty please

epic lolz. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

i. . .i just want a place to stay.... :(

Don't mind the begrudgers.
    I'm in my dressing gown at the moment, but I'll be right over to pick you up........... right after I listen to a tune or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Once you get citizenship your beard will turn ginger, fact. I don't know if that makes it worth it to you or not though.

this may surprise you, but I have an inability to grow facial hair.
    can i stay with you xiney. . .. pretty please

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rightnow

:( damn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    You can stay with me.

I'd rather you not sleep on my couch so we'll both have to sleep in the bed. It's a double but I do sleep naked.
    Bagsies if it doesn't work out with OP. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Women can grow them too 4818996375_26d0e9958b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

Xiney wrote: »
    well darling, my grandmother always said there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity :P

"Yes i would let stranger, just not if i am home alone (and i am at the moment). "

-can you read? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

jesus this thread made my day, so funny. ha, you will see it in the newspaper in a few months time - "The boardsie serial killer that said he just wanted a place to stay"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Maja wrote: »
    "Yes i would let stranger, just not if i am home alone (and i am at the moment). "

-can you read? :rolleyes:

Fair play to you Maja. That's very good of you. OP sounds dodgy but the sentiment in general is admirable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

This thread just shows how egoistic people have become! :( Nothing like selfless help anywhere anymore. Everything for money... and more wealthy more selfish! I remember the story about how my grandfather who was a driver took home 5 hungarian students -they were hitchhiking and didnt have place to stay -so he took them (to 2 bedroom flat) and let them sleep in the kitchen for few days! After about 10 years one of them talked to my grandfather and invited him for great holidays in Hungary. (he was well prospering business man at that time). Where is this all gone? Hospitality, kindness? Huh? :rolleyes:

Ok have to chime in. We are known *globally* as a nation for hospitality here, and I don't think that's unfounded, although it may have lessened in more modern times, as has everywhere. In college I have great stories of being helped by strangers when we were stuck hitching, peole offering beds at music festivals etc. I have also done the same for others, and mostly it all was for the good.
    The OP is not *stuck* nor did he give a great reason for wanting to put some complete stranger *out* by sleeping on their couch or opening their home, the fact that he didn't want to spend 30 quid on 2 nights at a hostel in a HOLIDAY reads as a bit stingy tbh, and most Irish people have an aversion to stinginess.
    He also was a bit misleading (whether intentional or not) in how he represented his circumstances, and when that was highlighted by another poster, that did him no favours. It just read as a bit lazy tbh, and he didn't make a great effort as to why someone should take him in. It's cultural, but he didn't tell a good story! There were no offers to do anything in return (stoppit, I don't mean that! :p) like fix your
    bike or bake you bread or play you music...
    I am on couchsurfing and have hosted and stayed, people who use that system see it as a give and take, seeing new places and making new friends, not a way to save 30 quid, which, unfortunately, is the way the OP presented in his first post IMO.

• Advertisement

:) I am not crazy I wouldnt let just anyone at just any circumstances. All I am saying is its a pity people are not doing anything any longer for free in some parts od the world.
    My friend was traveling accros Romania recently (very poor and very beautiful country) and he told me he havent met so many hospitable people anywhere. They would let him sleep even on the floor beside their own beds and they would share their last meal with them even if it was just potatoes! Have you seen this:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/kevin-mccloud-slumming-it/4od

-if not i recommend it.

Yes we have to be carefu, but we should have trust in people also!
    -and if you think every stranger is a serial killer i feel sorry for you.
    (watching to many news every day and too many horror movies?)

Inisboffin -take it easy. I uderstand all that - just some posts before where like "letting someone to stay over -are you kidding?" and thats all.. ;)

Inisboffin -take it easy. I uderstand all that - just some posts before where like "letting someone to stay over -are you kidding?" and thats all.. ;)

So have you decided to give the OP a place to stay then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

:) I am not crazy I wouldnt let just anyone at just any circumstances. All I am saying is its a pity people are not doing anything any longer for free in some parts od the worldit[/URL]

-if not i recommend it?)

I think peole *are* doing it though Maja, in person, on couchsurfing.com and a few other sites here, but you use respect and instinct, and want to know a little about the person, and the circumstances. You don't let EVERY person stay in your home, just like you don't let every random Internet poster in either! Doesn't mean it is not still happening all over Ireland and the world. You are right that we should stay open to this, but we should also trust our instincts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I think it's more like - would you let some random troll from teh interwebz stay? You must be joking.

I'd say get back on topic, but it's a troll thread anyway - so have at it, just keep it friendly :)

/moderation.

-another one who cant read.. :rolleyes:

I find it hard to have a proper discussion about any subject here. People dont read with understanding and have no distance. Most of you just take everything too straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Don't you know she would only she unconveniently is on her own at home at the moment.
    Darn how unlucky.....

-another one who cant read.. :rolleyes:

I find it hard to have a proper discussion about any subject here. People dont read with understanding and have no distance. Most of you just take everything too straight away!

That sentence doesn't make any sense. Regardless, it does seem slightly....insincere to keep criticising people on this board and the country as a whole for not taking in strangers then not offering your own place for the OP to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

s_carnage wrote: »
    Don't you know she would only she unconveniently is on her own at home at the moment.
    Darn how unlucky.....

But it seems she is open to letting a random stranger stay in her home once her house mates return! Could we sticky this? Free Galway accomodation.

That sentence doesn't make any sense. Regardless, it does seem slightly....insincere to keep criticising people on this board and the country as a whole for not taking in strangers then not offering your own place for the OP to stay.

I belive you know what i mean and if its not exactly how english native speaker would explain it -it doesnt mean you can not understant it. :cool:

• Advertisement

I belive you know what i mean and if its not exactly how english native speaker would explain it -it doesnt mean you can not understant it. :cool:

So I was right in saying you were insincere in your criticisms?

So I was right in saying you were insincere in your criticisms?

I dont see any logic at all in your conclusion. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I dont see any logic at all in your conclusion. :rolleyes:

Maybe a picture will help you.

CartmanCrapMouth2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Closed on that note.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement